Connecticut

PENFIELD PAVILLION

If anyone has gotten married at penfield pavillion in Fairfield, please let me know the details of how it went.. i am looking for an inexpensive venue fpr my daughter. Any help or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Re: PENFIELD PAVILLION

• hbradleygreenhbradleygreen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know the month that your daughter is getting married, but I had looked into that when I had first gotten engaged.  A long story short, I hope that she is not trying to use that as her venue during "wedding season", only because I had tried to book that for June (originally), and the lady I spoke to said that they do not allow weddings there, especially during the summer months because of how busy the place will be. 
    And I told whoever it was that I spoke to that people get married there all the time, and she said that whoever was using their pavillions for their weddings had not gone through the proper channels to do so.
    In any case, I wish you and your daughter better luck with that place then I had. 
    I have long since booked my wedding and reception elsewhere and changed the time of year. 
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think you might be looking in the wrong place if you're looking for inexpensive.  I looked into getting married at the Pavilion a few years ago.  the site rental fee itself isn't bad, but it only includes tables & chairs.  no food, no music, no decorations....nothing.  and then on top of that, you have to hire 2 fairfield cops...at like $150 each for the night.  there's just a LOT of hidden expenses there i think.

also, it books REALLLY far in advance.  for a saturday wedding, you'll have to book at least 2 years in advance if you want to have it in the summer.  

i know there is a girl on this board who's planning a wedding there, though.  her name is Jox2...hopefully she'll respond :)

what part of CT are you looking in?   maybe we can give you some other suggestions....
  • CVALANN123CVALANN123 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shes getting married in june 2011..we live in Norwalk and dont want to go more than an hour away. .We have decided against penfield though. they dont give you enough time to set up and the date that she really wanted is booked anyway. She would prefer an outdoor venue and so the search goes on for a dream wedding on a budget.
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You guys may want to look into some of the CT vineyards.  I had my reception at a vineyard (it was mostly indoors), and it was very inexpensive.

For example, Hopkins Vineyard in Warren, CT holds tented receptions.  We had looked into them, but didn't need all the space we'd have to rent out.  The rental fee is about $1200 from what I remember, but the grounds are gorgeous and they allow you to do both your ceremony and reception outside.  I believe the tent part is optional.  The only thing is that from Norwalk, it would be just about 1 hour...so definitely on the farther side.

Is your daughter willing to consider venues that have outdoor space but aren't fully outdoors?  Places like Amarante's or Anthony's are always highly regarded on this board, and they offer outside space, but still have indoor space in case of rain...
  • CVALANN123CVALANN123 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to see terryville mansion in Danbury today. She and her fiance loved it. It looks like thats where it will be. its beautifull their. very scenic. its 2,000 to rent and they allow you to have the mansion for 9 hours. Its well worth it.

s
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I think Penfield is more suited to a rehearsal dinner or shower etc

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards