Connecticut

"Preferred vendors"

Do any of the vendors you're working with have a "preferred vendor list" and if so, how you found those helpful or what do you think about those in general? Thx!

Re: "Preferred vendors"

• 2bpescadita2bpescadita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think some of them are helpful so then I take them and do more research on them. Otherwise I go with what other brides and grooms have used.
  • edited December 2011
    I, personally, would go with experience and reviews from girls on here- since we've actually had first hand experience with them.
    Preferred vendors from your venue may be good, but they also might partner with them $$ wise, and that is why 'they prefer them'.

Weddingwire.com and weddingchannel.com have lots of reviews.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Ask how a vendor gets on the "preferred list". My venue told me that they are not paid any $ to get on there and it's strictly based on reviews from previous brides. I was told all it takes is one negative comment to get a vendor stricken from their preferred list.
  • clearlite9clearlite9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, my husband is a photographer and I can tell you that many preferred vendors lists are about the $$$.  Many halls will put you on a preferred vendor list only if you are a sponsor.  And then if you want to do a bridal show at these halls, you have to be on their preferred vendor list, so it is all about the money.  I mean, the hall owners do look at your portfolio and ask for references as well, but no money, no list.

That being said, my husband has his own "vendor list" consisting of people he works with frequently, but more importantly they are all people who he trusts and knows are quality vendors.  So some lists can be helpful, but some venue lists can be deceiving.

Hope this helps.
  • maxxwedmaxxwed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that certain venues have "preferred vendors" and when I was looking at venues I asked how do the vendors become preferred.  I found this helpful to know if they were great or just paid to have their name on the flyer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards