Connecticut

need confirmation/advice?

Hi ladies,

So I have put FI in charge of transportation. That seems to be the only thing he is willing to make phone calls about and arrange!! :)  Now, the most recent call he made, the company recommended we book in December/January when we have a better sense of how many people are staying at the hotel and who will use the service.  Although I understand the logic, we are getting married in February...booking that close to the wedding date makes me a little nervous that we wouldn't be able to get what we need.  Have any of you had the same recommendation from a transportation company or any experience with this?  TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: need confirmation/advice?

• edited December 2011
    LOL! My fiance was in charge of transportation also.

We booked in November for our wedding in August. But we knew we wanted a limo bus that would be making many trips back and forth from hotel to venue - its the only transportation we have for the wedding parties and the guests. I dont know if I would feel comfortable waiting. But it depends on what the company has to offer. Do they have multiples of every vehicle and can guarantee they will have whatever you need for your wedding?
    Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CTbride79CTbride79 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked our transportation (limo and shuttle bus) about a month ago for our October wedding, and at least one of the recommended companies I contacted did not have availability for our date. 

However, the majority of companies did, and since February is not peak season, I would wager that you should be fine as far as them still having availability. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • blipsettprblipsettpr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked my limos 1 year in advance. The company I wanted to go with already had that date booked, so I went with a backup. I tend to plan ahead because it makes me feel more comfortable. If you are comfortable waiting then I think you will be fine, but if you will worry about it then I would book it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for our january wedding...we booked our limo about a month before hand.
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked mine two weeks ago and we're getting married middle of October. Since my wedding is on a Friday pretty much everyone we contacted are available. I think booking two or three months ago is fine as long as the limo you want is not rare( example. a Rolls-Royce). 
  • laure143cmmlaure143cmm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked ours a year in advance, but we are also having a summer wedding and we wanted to make sure that we got what we wanted.

I think for a Feb wedding you should be ok with doing it a month in advance.
  • rae19rae19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we booked our last week for a mid-oct wedding. our wedding is also on a sunday though, so maybe that made it easier. i know some of the special cars had been booked for a while, but was still able to find an excalibur available for same price. i think you will be fine.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.  FI wants to wait a bit.  I figure I will ask most people beforehand if they think they might use it so we can give them a better estimate for the number of passengers.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards