Connecticut
Options

Janice from Naomi's Salon?

I contacted Naomi and Dana Bartone to see if they are available on my date. Naomi is not available but Janice is. I remember seeing her name on here but can't remember if it was a positive or negative. Any reviews?? 
Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Janice from Naomi's Salon?

• Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just looked up some notes that I copied and pasted from the boards. Someone commented that Janice goes too natural, in their opinion. 
    That's the only thing I wrote
  • Options
    jmestylejmestyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I wrote awhile back that Janice was too natural. I feel so bad saying this because she is a sweetheart but the whole thing bothered me.
    My BF got married 2 years ago and we all had Janice do the makeup. The thing is, she sat us all in the chair and said to each one of us "whats the look that you want?"
    we all said different things and she ended up doing everyone exactly the same.
    I wouldn't have minded if she didn't ASK us all ahead of time. And if I wasn't paying for it..
    but the bottom line is you should get what you ask for and what you are paying for.
    I remember the second she left all the BM went in the bathroom to load on more makeup. I never told the bride this (even to this day) because I didn't want to be rude since it was her decision to pick Janice.

So for my wedding I made sure that I booked Naomi and only Naomi. I also went to my trial with a pic of what I wanted (smokey eye, sexy look) and Naomi did it to a T.
    I'm kinda worried now because Naomi is pregnant and looks like she is about to burst. I'm worried she might not be able to make it and I'll get stuck w/ Janice!

The thing is, my experience could maybe have been a one time thing and others have nothing but raves to say about her.

I have 2 other makeup artists I would have gone with if not Naomi.
    One is Amanda Pepin from Perisian Salon in Cromwell. She has been doing my eyelash extensions forever and I've seen her work on brides (she is their one makeup artisit as well)
    The other is Stacy (last names starts with a P, I can't think of it right now).
    She is from Blush Couture and did my makeup for my boudoir session. It came out really good and I would recommend her for sure.

What kind of look were you looking for on your wedding day? Most brides want to look natural and beautiful. I think i'm the exception - I want to look like a sex kitten!! lol

• Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_janice-naomis-salon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:b51652cf-3681-4202-ba4b-6d1a55125121Post:b2e1eb17-d75d-4433-90c1-2ef503bb3afc">Re: Janice from Naomi's Salon?</a>:
    [QUOTE] What kind of look were you looking for on your wedding day? Most brides want to look natural and beautiful. I think i'm the exception - I want to look like a sex kitten!! lol
    Posted by jmestyle[/QUOTE]

<div>haha! good to know!! I don't want the natural look at all. Sex kitten is where I want to be at :)</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! Jmestyle- thanks for taking the time to clarify and offer some suggestions! I really appreciate it!

I don't wear any more than cover-up and lip gloss. I try eyeshadow but I just do it bad. So natural is probably the way I'll go. Hottest version of myself, I guess. Just looked up Stacey P from Blush. I've admired her work in the past when I looked at photographers blogs. I'll wait and see what other reviews are out there for Janice and then maybe check out the other suggestions. 

Kicking myself for waiting! Longest engagement ever and I snoozed and lost! Thought I'd be on the safer side since my wedding is a Friday. Eh, not meant to be! 

Thanks for the replies!
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I contacted Naomi as well and she was not available for our day but was referred to Janice. She contacted by email, a couple times actually and had to switch appointments on me twice. Not what I expected at all from the rave reviews I heard about. I set one more appointment and then I did not get back to her in time and she wrote back saying that my day had been filled and she couldn no longer help me. I guess it was just not meant to be!

I am using Danielle Santagata (dsantagata1923@yahoo.com) as well Eleni Andreadis (who works for MAC). I am looking for a more smokey dramatic look w/airbrush that Danielle nailed. Eleni has also done my make-up for numerous events and she is also excellent. Both can do such a wide variety of looks and really are awesome at what they do!

Ditto, I remember people saying Janice's look was too natural.

Hope you get everything situated!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KLS- eek! that's no good! You definitely need someone you feel is reliable for your wedding. My photographer recommended someone who I've seen get buzz on here for being late, more often then not. So I'm not looking into her despite her nice work. I'll look into your other recs.

Anyone have a little rave they'd like to give Janice to balance it out? I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt. Starting to feel bad for the lady!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure about Janice, but I am using Susan from Naomi's...she is AWESOME!
  • Options
    chellahchellah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Highly recommend Iralis from Beauty Entourage if things don't workout for you. GL either way!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    dont know about janice, but im using laura from naomis and shes fantastic. love her!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Janice for my wedding ... bride, g-ma of the bride, mother of the bride and 4 bridesmaids ... we all loved our looks and they were all varied since my mom and g-ma wear very different amounts of makeup than my girls and I do ...

Janice was also a total sweetheart the day of and really helped to calm me down ... I personally loved working with her and the results ...
  • Options
    AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This post is making me nervous!!!! Janice is doing my and my bridesmaids makeup for my wedding.  I don't want to look too over the top, but I don't want to look like I do every other day either.  My trial is on June 28th.  I'll let you know how it goes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hamna from thepaletteforyou.com also has a really portfolio. she is young and professional to work with. i have seen her work on a few weddings and the pics came out great. she is also on facebook.com / the palette.

i think the best to reach her would be through email: thepaletteforyou@yahoo.com.
    good luck to you guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards