Connecticut

Not Wedding Related: Restaurant help!

Has anyone eaten at the Blue Pearl in New Haven?  I found their menu online and it looks pretty good, but there are no prices.  If you've eaten there, was it good?  What can I expect to pay?

Thanks!

Re: Not Wedding Related: Restaurant help!

• edited December 2011
    AWESME PLACE.....GREAT MARTINI'S ...it's also a really nice atmosphere

very nyc lounge type of place.

if you like fondue i recommend:
    i'd recommend the fondue for two, you get the app fondue, dinner fondue and dessert fondue for a fixed price. it's a little pricey
    If it's a group you could all share, it's fun that way!

have fun!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Is it like $100 pricey?  $200 pricey?  $500 pricey? :)
  • edited December 2011
    oh i'd say like per person you're prob going to spend 100 that also depends on how many cocktails....i think flirtini is good!

the fondue for two i think is like 35 a person, something like that
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    It's okay---I prefer the entrees to the fondue. Hubs and I just went~again~a few weeks ago and it was good, but not great. I feel like they over charge for what you get. It is definitely an experience to check out at least once though. The martinis are REALLY good though.
  • edited December 2011
    Personally I rather go to The Melting Pot in Darien than the Blue Pearl if you are spending that much money. The fondue and regular foods were average, the drinks are pretty good though. If you do decide to get the chocolate fondue DO NOT get the S'more's one, when I had it, it was disgusting. The chocolate had a weird chemical smell/taste to it. I feel the decor and atmosphere at The Melting Pot are much nicer. 
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_not-wedding-related-restaurant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:bc0635d2-4f1f-4085-babc-129034875d23Post:08a932ac-e74f-462d-84ce-dd9369f4e0a7">Re: Not Wedding Related: Restaurant help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally I rather go to The Melting Pot in Darien than the Blue Pearl if you are spending that much money. The fondue and regular foods were average, the drinks are pretty good though. If you do decide to get the chocolate fondue DO NOT get the S'more's one, when I had it, it was disgusting. The chocolate had a weird chemical smell/taste to it. I feel the decor and atmosphere at The Melting Pot are much nicer. 
    Posted by christikao[/QUOTE]

The Melting Pot is delish!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards