Honeymoon Discussions

Puerto Vallarta?

Hi ladies! My FI and I are looking into booking our honeymoon at Dreams Puerto Vallarta. I've been scouring their website and trip advisor but was just wondering if anyone has ever been there or anywhere else in Puerto Vallarta? I've never been to Mexico before and we are a little hesitant about going anywhere on the east coast since we will be going during hurricane season (October). I'm not looking for a party honeymoon, more the lounge on the beach with a margarita/explore a new place honeymoon. Our budget is around $3000. Thanks!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Puerto Vallarta?

• i have to warn you i had the opposite impression of puerto vallarta than whit825. i myself have been to mexico 7 times and PV is by far my least favorite. part of the reason was because we went during hurrican season. during that time the mud from the hills goes into the ocean and the water is brown! you wouldn't even think of stepping foot into the ocean. we took a snorkling cruises deeper into the ocean, thinking it would be somewhat blue, and it was still brown. if your not into the ocean than maybe consider PV. otherwise, i suggest cabo- it's elegant and gorgeous! i think it would also fit into your budget. look into the riu palace.
  • I would consider the Riviera Maya area. We had our DW in Riviera Maya and there was just so much to do and see. I have heard that same thing about the water and also that the sand is not that nice white sand it is more the browner color.
  • We're considering Dreams PV also.  It seems so hit or miss... if you go based on the reviews on Trip Advisor for Dreams there are wonderful reviews.  Hardly any bad reviews... and I never saw one bad picture about the water or a complaint about the water on there and I read pages after pages of reviews.  October is not hurricane season for PV, that is one of the ideal times to go (also when I am planning on going... Oct 2011 :)  So go with what you and your FI feel is best.  I've heard wonderful things about Cabo as well, but PV seems like it would be more relaxing with their cafes and the Malecon to visit... neat tours to do as well.  Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The water was definitely not brown when I was there in mid-August.  While the view from our hotel room was stunning with the water and the mountains in the background, I'll agree that you shouldn't expect the crystal clear water and powdery white sand beaches you would find in parts of the Caribbean.  But then again, I would hope that no one would travel to the western coast of Mexico expecting to find the Caribbean.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards