Connecticut
Options

sites???

which is cheaper?  booking a hall, then getting a caterer.  or just get a venue and let them handle it?

kelly+eric

Re: sites???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what would be cheaper, but getting a venue that caters itself would definitely be less stress and possibly less decorating. Less things to worry about than if youwere to have different vendors that you have to follow up on.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would imagine that in the end the prices would be comparable. But like crushme,  We found that having one place that takes care of everything was wayyy easier for us. You just have to book one thing. Our venue even comes with a day of coordinator to insure things run smoothly day of.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp as well. We decided to have everything at one place and its so much easier. Our coordinator Liz was awesome because now we have 13 days left and I think I'd be freaking out even more if I had to worry about a caterer, set up, break down, etc. They probably do end up costing around the same though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd have to agree too! I went with a venue that does all the work!!!
    "If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again." Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker Stick Baby Stick!
  • Options
    maxxwedmaxxwed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The way it was explained to me is you can spend the same amount but you spend it differently when you choose between an all in one or a hall.

• Options
    wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I originally was going to go with booking the venue and caterer separately thinking it might be cheaper but after much calculation and thinking I realized it not only come down to about the same or more but it will also add more stress to the planning process.

Some people like to handle everything themselves and prefer to have the food picked out themselves etc so they decided to go with a separate caterer.

It also depends on the type of wedding you're having too (very casual vs. formal etc).  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked a place that handles everything and my SIL had a back yard wedding and they booked a caterer, the backyard wedding ended up being more 15-20K than ours and they only had 20 more people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards