Connecticut

Bridal Shower: Who to Invite?

My sister (MOH) wants me to send her a list of all the invited guests/who I want to invite to the shower. I have no idea if it's "proper" to invite every female guest, or if you can cut it down to closest friends & family??

If we invite everyone, it could be close to 80 people...which I think is crazy. I don't want to spend 2 hrs opening gifts (haha) and don't especially like being the center of attention in a huge group of people.

But I don't want to be rude, and have those who weren't invited ask why they weren't. Plus I'm not exactly sure where to draw the line.

What did you do/are you doing?? Where did you "draw the line"? TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower: Who to Invite?

• jennylove810jennylove810 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited probably 75% of the female guests.  All the friends and family, and some "extended" friends/fam.  So, my mom's boss's wife (and my co-workers wives, a few of the more distant female friends of my parents, etc) didn't get invites, but all of my H's female relatives, my female relatives, etc did.
  • estegemanestegeman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my shower on Saturday!  I had my MOH invite only those women that are my close friends and family.  We had about 25 people and it was perfect.  It was small enough to actually get to talk to all of my guests and it was much more personal than if I were to invite every female on our wedding guest list.  It was perfect! 
    Photobucket
  • rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I put together a list of females I wanted to invite based on my relationship with them. For example, my mom's coworkers that she wanted to invite to the wedding aren't going to be invited to the shower. Any female plus ones for guests won't be invited- unless I know them really well. I think its just a judgement call you have to make!
  • jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had to read this a couple times because I wrote the EXACT same questions a few months ago. From what i've read online its supposed to be the women/friends/family who is closest to the bride so no not every woman. I would be in the same position if it was every woman.
  • LandB2012LandB2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree - The list I gave only includes my closest people (ie: family members, closest friends and a few of my parents friends who knew me since I was little and would be disappointed if I left them off). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards