Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Italy weather in October

I saw the post below about Italy in September, but I was wondering how much those temps change into mid-October.  I also think the locations we are going are so far from each other that the temps may vary a lot:

October 11th-24th
Rome
Amalfi Coast
Venice

My assumption is that Rome will be in the high 60s/low70s, Amalfi mid 70s, Venice low 60s... am I about right? We start our trip in Rome and end in Venice.  Also, does it rain a lot in October?

I am buying clothes for the honeymoon and don't know what to pack.  I think I'm best off packing a lot of cardigans to throw on if it is cooler.

Re: Italy weather in October

• Options
    That sounds about right.  October is one of the best times to visit because the weather is lovely that time of year!  Layering clothes is a good plan (because it can be a little warm during the day but cooler at night).  The rainy season doesn't really start until November so don't worry about that.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hopefully Amoro will chime in about the weather, but that sounds about right to me!  I would also throw in a trench coat or a couple of pashminas for chilly nights.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    It will most likely have started raining in Venice by that time of year.  I lived in the north, and we could pretty much count on it by the end of October.  The temps should be really nice though.  Just a wrap or sweater for the evenings and the mornings and you're golden! :)
  • Options
    I agree with the previous posters.  Italy in October is beautiful.  My one suggestion would be to go to Venice first.  Towards the end of the month it starting raining a lot and the city does flood.  I went to Venice in the beginning of October and it was perfect.  When I went back in November it was cold and you had to walk on unsteady platforms because of flooding.  

I'm a little biased too since I live in Perugia for a year, but in the middle of October they have a chocolate festival.  If you love chocolate stop by for the day!
  • Options
    We are already booked for Venice on those dates, so hopefully no rain!  We will be there the 21-24 of October.  I splurged on Burberry rain boots just in case :)

Glad to hear the weather otherwise should be beautiful.  I absolutely can not wait to go.  I'm most excited for Positano!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards