Connecticut
Options

wedding insurance?

Hi ladies,

So I am getting married in February...as we all know New England in February can be frigid with 3 feet of snow or rather warm (mid 40's) as it was this past February.  One thing we are worried about is if the weather is bad, but not bad enough to lead to a state of emergency which is the only way we can cancel and reschedule without penalty.  What are opinions of wedding insurance?  I don't want to lose $30,000 + because of some bad weather.  uggh...just one more expense! TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wedding insurance?

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH and I bought a policy and we were fans.  The way we saw it was that we insure things that cost less like my e-ring, other jewelry and our cars.  So why not spend $300 or so on a policy for the day?

Just make sure that you're covered depending on the issues you think you may encounter.
  • Options
    wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with pp.  I didn't consider this before but the cost of getting insured for a day really isn't that much.  it'll be $400 or so against your $30,000+ (assuming that's your expense) and you really don't want to lose that!  I say go for it!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally a fan of wedding insurance too.  We used Wedsafe.  I believe we had to get a minimum of $100,000 worth of liability insurance for our venue (a historical site) and it cost us about $250 for $500,000 worth.  I think it's also smart if you're serving alcohol because ultimately you are liable because it's your party.  They offer different types of insurance, so like PP said, make sure you're choosing the right insurance to accommodate your scenario.  You're talking about cancellation insurance which is different, but I know they offer it at reasonable rates.  You can get quotes right on their website without having to give them your personal info.

www.wedsafe.com
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    RachelDliteRachelDlite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with wedsafe! I couple of my friends bought insurance from them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was looking at Wedsafe.  It looks great and about $400 for a $500,000 policy including the cancellation insurance in case of bad weather.  I like the idea of being covered since we have an open bar as well.  Although we are providing transportation to and from hotel, that doesn't guarantee everyone will be safe.  Is Wedsafe the only one you would recommend?  Thanks ladies!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards