Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon on Oahu and the Main Island

I finally narrowed it down to two islands, we're going to stay on the Big Island for a few days and then Oahu for a few more.  I even figured out some activities that we might want to do, but I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start looking for hotels.  We aren't sure what parts of the islands would be good.  

Can someone who is familiar with these islands help me figure out what part of the islands to stay on based on what activities we might do?

For the Big Island we'll probably go to the Volcanoes National Park, Akaka Falls, explore Kailua Village and Hilo, Volcano Winery, Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantaion and the Macadamia Nut Factory.

When we're on Oahu I thought we would go to the Polynesian Cultural Center, explore downtown Honolulu, Waikiki, the North Shore, and Halw'iwa, go to Nu'uanu Pali lookout, Diamond Head, snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, Art Museum/Shangri La, and Pearl Harbor.  Any suggestions for a luau besides the Polynesian Cultural Center, it looks pricey but I've heard good things.

Will we need to rent a car to get around or will the bus be able to get us to most of these places?

Any hotel suggestions would be great too! FI pictures us laying a private cabana on the beach relaxing, do hotels offer that

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards