Connecticut
Options

Beach reception in CT?

Hello!
I'm having a really hard time finding a place to hold a beach reception in CT!  I love the Carousel at Lighthouse Point, but I'm afraid the bathrooms are too far for older relatives.  I also liked the Madison Beach Hotel online, but it's being rebuilt (and is only cement foundation as of today!)  Does anyone have any ideas for somewhere unique and not too expensive on the beach?  I'm at a loss right now!
Thanks for your help!

Re: Beach reception in CT?

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Anthony's Oceanview, Amarante's & The Water's Edge are all right on the water/beach!

HTH & GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Surf Club in Madison is also beautiful! GL!
  • Options
    chellahchellah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Water's Edge is gorgeous!
  • Options
    jmestylejmestyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony and reception at Anthony's but the whole reception is inside.Only the ceremony is on the beach
    and they are kinda pricey
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amarante's!
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Penfield Pavilion on Fairfield Beach might be an option.  they book very very far in advance, but the rental itself isn't too expensive at all.  you do have to bring in your own catering/etc, but at least it gives you a lot of flexibility with pricing.  

g/l!
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Waters Edge.. that's where we're getting married. Our ceremony and cocktail hour will be outside, but the reception will be inside. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Owenego Inn- Haven't seen it in person but it was one of the ones we thought about.

Our reception is at Amarantes
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AshshealeyAshshealey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anthonys Ocean View in New Haven! Its awesome, and beautiful! and anyone you ask will tell you the food is phenomonal!
    They just did remolding too
    Im getting married there in Aug. right on the beach for a beach ceremony.
    Check em out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely Anthony's Ocean View!  I'm getting married there in May!  They are beautiful and yes they can be pricy if you're getting married on a saturday but we're actually getting married on a Thursday that's going into Memerial Day weekend and we saved $15,000!!!!  Check them out!  We're getting married on the beach at sunset and having our cocktail hour outside in the gardens and I will probably be having a cigar bar for my husband to be on the gazebo.  it's beautiful!  Check it out and you will see what I'm talking about.  All you need to do is go outside on the beach and you'll experience what myself and the other brides are talking about.  Good Luck.

Jennifer
    pregnancy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    About the Waters Edge.  Do you know how much it cost to have rent the room for the reception with an outside caterer?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards