Honeymoon Discussions

cost of a name brand resort

I have read several times many feel the Sandals brand resorts cost more than any other AI in the carribbean, I haven't found this to be the case, I find Sandals to be about the same price as any other.  What AI's are cheaper?  I'd LOVE to find them :)

Re: cost of a name brand resort

• Secrets, Excellence
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are going to Royal Playa Del Carmen and it seems to be cheaper
  • Check Riu.  A friend of mine went and said not only was it cheaper than Sandal's, it was better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i think the better question is...Obviously Mexico is a cheaper destination, so of the islands like St. Lucia, the Bahamas, Jamaica and Antigua have adults only resorts...are they cheaper than Sandals.  I agree with your statement, after your first trip you get a discount and upgraded rooms and if you aren't doing Mexico, what else is cheaper?
  • I agree Karagal, I can't seem to find any cheaper for Antiguia, St. Lucia etc. there are some on Jamica, and a few on Bahamas, but most of them allow Children
  • Couples and Secrets are both in Jamaica and are both adult only and cheaper than Sandals.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • skyauction.com has lots of AIs in the Caribbean for much less than rack price. We've used them for a couple of trips (though not to any AIs) and had a great experience.
  • I was going through the same thing and I think it has more to do with the location than the "brand" of AI. We decided on Dominican Republic since it's still Caribbean but even the nicest resorts are soooo much cheaper than anywhere else in the Caribbean.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Definitely. The price is much more about the location. Dominican Republic, Jamaica, and Mexico are are probably the three cheapest locations in the Caribbean. 
    ~~ BFP 5/9/12 EDD 1/18/13 ~~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards