Connecticut

When to send invitations

I have been looking on the boards, but can't seem to find a thread about sending invitations!  I have an april 24th wedding,  I was wondering when I should send my invitations out.  Thanks so much!
BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: When to send invitations

• Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard 6-8 weeks before the wedding (usually 8) with an RSVP 3 weeks before.
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go with 6-8 weeks before.

But when it comes to the response date, if you're not doing an a/b list, figure out when your venue needs a head count and make the response date about ten days before that head count.
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did 8 weeks before, with a 4 week rsvp, and the b-list went out at 4 weeks, with 2 week rsvp.
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto banana.  give yourself plenty of time between the RSVP date and the first final head count you have to give.  you will have people that don't rsvp...we had about 6 people not rsvp...and we only sent out about 35 invitations!  
  • edited December 2011
    I sent mine out at exactly the 8 week mark.  The RSVP date was a little over a week before the venue needed my meal count.  There will definitely people that you have to track down because they do not send in their RSVP.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards