• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

clothing advice

I am going to my FSIL's shower tomorrow.. she is marrying FI's brother.

Its a couples shower, she says casual but that she will be wearing a dress. FMIL is wearing a dress. We are in a weird coldish spring season right now where I literally feel like i have nothing appropriate to wear. I am either way overdressed, or I can't get something right for the weather/season.

I am thinking of doing skinny jeans, leather booties with a dressier top and dressing it all up with a nice necklace.

BUT I feel like this sounds too casual.. I am probably freaking out about nothing but moms on vacation, best friends on vacation, sisters are out and FI is working. I have no one to guide my fashion choices :) 

what do u guys think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
244 Invited image 43 Attending image 5 Declined image Waiting on 198 image
RSVP Date October 3, 2011

Re: clothing advice

• I think that sounds just fine!

Whenever I'm not sure I just wear nice, dark jeans and a nice top. If it's really casual attire I don't draw too much attention, and if it's a little more dressy I still blend in.

You'll be just fine :) don't think too much about it, no one's going to judge you if you were told casual and you show up wearing that! That sounds nice... and casual can be taken to some bad extremes sometimes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_advice-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:0135346b-8465-4e2b-af9e-c0e96b1a6fa6Post:dcdc8daa-508b-497b-acd3-8e24b13b20b0">Re: clothing advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that sounds just fine! Whenever I'm not sure I just wear nice, dark jeans and a nice top. If it's really casual attire I don't draw too much attention, and if it's a little more dressy I still blend in. You'll be just fine :) don't think too much about it, no one's going to judge you if you were told casual and you show up wearing that! That sounds nice... and casual can be taken to some bad extremes sometimes.
    Posted by breaness[/QUOTE]

Thats what I am thinking, because I do the same when I don't know what to wear. Although we just woke up to a gorgeous day, if its like this tomorrow I will end up in a skirt haha.. After all the worry! Thanks for the reassurance!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    244 Invited image 43 Attending image 5 Declined image Waiting on 198 image
    RSVP Date October 3, 2011
  • I would either do a sundress or what you mentioned before. Try black or grey jeans if you are worried about it being too casual...but I think if they are wearing sundresses you will probably look better dressed anyway! Also, I know you need to pull something from your wardrobe but I love J Crew's minnie pants for being dressy or casual...good wardrobe staple for situations like this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards