• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

Animal Print Wedding Cake

We are having our wedding reception at the zoo and are debating including that in any of the reception details. We haven't committed to anything yet, but have been throwing ideas around. We designed our cake this weekend and it came down to a traditional design with fresh flowers and an animal print cake. The bakery had an awesome picture of another one they had done at the zoo and every tier had a different print. I settled on the traditional cake, mostly because i was worried about getting color on me when we cut the cake, but i'm starting to change my mind. Would that be weird to have the cake be the only detail where we incorporated the venue location?
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Animal Print Wedding Cake

• I think it would be fun and as long as it fits with the rest of your decor it can be the only thing (other than the venue)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sandals Grande St. Lucia
  • I think it'd be cute. And different. Only if it fits your taste though. Personally, I'd rather have the traditional one, but I'm just a traditional girl ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There is not way I could have my wedding at the zoo & NOT have an animal print cake. I think it sounds soooooo cute & can be done tastefully! I would google images & see what you can come up with. Have you thought about mixing both the traditional elements & the animal print? Maybe like alternating layers in traditional white & then an animal print within the realm of your color scheme? That way you could have the best of both worlds & it would be unique from the design your baker originally showed you. 
    My Food Blog: Slim Pickin's Kitchen Our Wedding Website Photobucket Anniversary Daisypath Halloween tickers BabyFruit Ticker BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 BFP #2: 2/16/13...Please, baby, please be a sticky *fingers crossed*
  • Here's a close example of what I was thinking...
    My Food Blog: Slim Pickin's Kitchen Our Wedding Website Photobucket Anniversary Daisypath Halloween tickers BabyFruit Ticker BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 BFP #2: 2/16/13...Please, baby, please be a sticky *fingers crossed*
  • edited April 2011

I love that cake! A nice mixture of traditional and funky! I like cakes to be a little different because from the weddings I've been to,  I don't really remember any traditional cakes but I do remember ones that were nontraditional (but that's just me).... and thank you for posting this, I completely forgot I had our meeting with our baker tomorrow!

• I agree with PP. I think it'd be really cute and would work well with your wedding being held at the zoo. And like KM said, the cakes that stand out in your memory are the unique ones.

Untitled Untitled
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image TTC#1 since July 2012
  • In Response to Re: Animal Print Wedding Cake:
    [QUOTE]Here's a close example of what I was thinking...
    Posted by scamberlous3000[/QUOTE]

This. Now this i would do!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I LOVE that cake!! I especially like that the print is only on one layer.... that would ease my fear of getting black icing/fondont on me
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That cake is AMAZING!!! I would definitely do it, and only having one layer be animal print wouldn't be too much.
    Photobucket
  • This is was the original inspiration for my wedding cake. We're going with something a little different now that my topper came in and we've realized it doesn't really go with it.

• I don't like the different prints, no offense looks like a kids party. I love the single print cake. It has enough traditional and then just a taste of our venue I love it!
  • I love the traditional with a layer of animal print cake! That looks amazing! Great suggestion!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you are on the fence, consider having the tradtional cake with an animal print grooms cake, or animal print cupcakes (the cupcake liners come in all kinds of print) for guests to take home. In any case, it'd be fun and memorable!
  • We are getting married at the Zoo in a couple weeks:) we are having a 3 tier cake, the bottom and top layer are off white, and the middle tier is cheetah print. We wanted the cake to be a little fun and uniqe but thought 3 layers of animal print was a bit too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards