• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

Home exercise equipment?

Anyone have any home exercise machines/equipment? I'm looking into getting an elliptical. Do you find yourself using what you have or is it collecting dust?

Re: Home exercise equipment?

• Does a kinect and a few of the games: dance central 3, zumba, and your shape count? 
  • I have a treadmill and I love having it at home. I can just hop on it while I have my pj pants on. I don't have to get dressed and go out. Plus I can go on at any time I please (if I please).

However, since the wedding, its been collecting dust.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker **FIRST TIME MOM**
  • I have the Livestrong 10.0T Treadmill and I use it at least 3 times a week. I like to watch my DVRd tv shows while I run. It's (one of) the best purchases I've ever made.

I have a review of it in my blog if you're interested, but if you're looking at an elliptical that doesn't really help you, now does it? lol
  • Don't have the room for any (unless the Wii counts).
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_home-exercise-equipment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:093fec62-8456-4211-a37c-fc97332768a3Post:6af57bf6-0f81-419f-b495-3920bc7376dd">Re: Home exercise equipment?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a treadmill and I love having it at home. I can just hop on it while I have my pj pants on. I don't have to get dressed and go out. Plus I can go on at any time I please (if I please).
    Posted by Vickytoria1803[/QUOTE]

That was exactly my mindset for getting something! I think I'll be more likely to work out if it's readily available. The closest gym is 20 minutes away and the hours are annoying (memberships based on going peak hours vs off-peak?). Just wanted to make sure others had the same mindset!
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_home-exercise-equipment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:093fec62-8456-4211-a37c-fc97332768a3Post:b3425740-bf74-4ab1-a8aa-72f7352d3aa8">Re: Home exercise equipment?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does a kinect and a few of the games: dance central 3, zumba, and your shape count? 
    Posted by Nattie24[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm going to go ahead and say yes they count. This is the 2nd morning in a row that I've sweat my a** off playing kinect adventures and just dance 3.

</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Not my kind of thing. If it's in the house it's easier to make excuses. We belong to a great gym right across the street from the house. We've been lucky to always have that convenience. When we lived in an apartment, the gym we went to was in the shopping center directly next door to our complex. I'm also not the type to enjoy walking or running in place for an hour. I need something to keep me interested so I do group fitness classes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_home-exercise-equipment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:093fec62-8456-4211-a37c-fc97332768a3Post:47cf3f91-b977-4636-8c43-1ee6af780f23">Re: Home exercise equipment?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not my kind of thing. If it's in the house it's easier to make excuses. We belong to a great gym right across the street from the house. We've been lucky to always have that convenience. When we lived in an apartment, the gym we went to was in the shopping center directly next door to our complex. <strong>I'm also not the type to enjoy walking or running in place for an hour. I need something to keep me interested so I do group fitness classes.</strong>
    Posted by breaness[/QUOTE]

Hence the DVR! lol I know what you mean though. I have to do my long runs (5+ miles) outside on the weekends. You can only do so much on the treadmill!

Can I also recommend 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels? I got ripped doing that program. I'm starting to work it back into my training routine for my first half as well because it's pretty important to have a strong core.
  • We used to have an exercise bike, but I didn't use that much. What I used more and since I was a teenager was exercise videos and my free weights. The ones I used most were The Firm videos which are excellent. I also have other ones and the Jillian Michael's ones, but I still favor The Firm although they have changed a lot since the older ones with the step box. We also belong to a gym that is pretty close when I want to use the ellipticals or treadmills, so that is helpful. I also use my Wii for Zumba and other exercise at home. If you have the room for equipment and you think you will use it, then go for it, but there are other options.You can always sell it if you find you don't use it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards