• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

Bride and groom gifts

Have any of you put any thought into this yet? I know it's cheating a little, but FI and I talked about it. First we weren't going to do anything. Then after some talking, we both decided that we're going to get each other a Snorg Tees type of shirt. I think it fits our personalities to the tee (pardon the pun). Just curious to see what you all are doing or have thought about doing.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bride and groom gifts

• I don't know what my FI is getting me, but I'm getting him Blackhawks cufflinks. (and I told him, only bc he wanted to go buy them for the wedding)
  • We both got a copy of this book...
    http://www.amazon.com/What-I-Love-About-You/dp/0767923154
    ...and are filling it out for each other.  Some of the answers are personal, some amusing, and some just plain ridiculous! (but we made a pact to answer them ALL).  We're not letting each other see our answers, and we'll give them to each other on our honeymoon or on our wedding night.
    <a href="http://www.kristyanddon.weebly.com">-[Wedding Recap]-
    </a>
  • I don't believe we're doing anything, for financial reasons.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We haven't really discussed that yet. I'm sure he will probably buy me something because that's how he is. I'll have to start saving my pennies up though and see what I can afford closer to the date.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • FI collects different knifes and stuff that you see at Bass Pro and hes always wanted an engraved one so I'm going to get him a nice knife and get something engraved on it  and I want to get him a nice watched with engraving on it also - hes been hinting about the watch recently too
    October 2011:Our baby :)
    Jed <3 Ashlie updated 10/03/10</br>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HinajHinaj member
    1000 Comments
    I don't know what he is getting me, but I am getting him cufflinks and a his favorite Swiss army watch, which I know he will never buy for himself becasue he wouldn't want to spend so much money on it, but I thought it would be nice to give it to him as a wedding present. 
  • I'm getting cuff links as well for FI.  Pirate ones...ha!
  • As far as I know, we're not doing the gifts thing.  We haven't discussed it, but I think we're on the same page for this one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know we have discussed this, but we are at a lost. I am sure I will think of something when it comes closer. So I can't answer this, but Kristy I like your idea about that book. I will have to look into that.

• We're not doing anything because it seems kind of ridiculous. We've lived together for four years, went to college together and have had all sorts of holidays and birthdays together. Also we both think for us (not for others or everyone) that us getting married together is enough! The wedding is our gift and we'll enjoy that. Besides I'm looking forward to our first anniversary!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards