• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

" I do" over

My husband and I have decided to renew our vows maybe on our one year or two year anniversary. My family ruined a lot of the fun for us so we decided we would do things our way... drama free and intimate. None of the traditional stuff (we did that already). Just a small quite renewal ceremony and a fun laid back party afterward. I would create my bouquet with fake flowers (then I could display them rather than the withered ones I have now).No bridesmaids or groomsmen...just us. A video montage of our 8 years together. No big fancy dress or tux. Just a simple dress and a suit. We want our romantic time to once again pronounce our love for one another.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Vacation

Re: " I do" over

• I'm already Pinterest planning our vow renewal for our 10 year anniversary. I would also like to do things how I wanted to in the first place...on the beach in Hawaii. The big wedding was H's idea and I think this time around, i should get what I want. Laughing
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_over?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:2b19f3b2-bc99-4d00-a002-58469c4367bePost:5eaf4989-7bf5-4c75-909f-a3a9ce9b7f71">Re: " I do" over</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm already Pinterest planning our vow renewal for our 10 year anniversary. I would also like to do things how I wanted to in the first place...<strong>on the beach in Hawaii.</strong> The big wedding was H's idea and I think this time around, i should get what I want. 
    Posted by Jennifer102011[/QUOTE]
    That's how our wedding was and I would do the exact same thing if we were to do a renewal.
  • Thank you all so much. I talked with the counselor about it and she suggested a Marriage Celebration! I liked the sound of that. My Hubby and I could have an intimate little renewal by ourselves. No one else needs to be there...other than a photographer.  Then we can have an amazing celebration of marriage, where everyone who is married could celebrate. What do you think about that?

PS.
    Totally decided to tear up my dress and make a new one or two (lots of fabric) out of it and where it to the marriage celebration. I am so excited!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_over?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:2b19f3b2-bc99-4d00-a002-58469c4367bePost:92445884-6644-4a77-8f1c-e197f3d91186">Re: " I do" over</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you all so much. I talked with the counselor about it and she suggested a Marriage Celebration! I liked the sound of that. My Hubby and I could have an intimate little renewal by ourselves. No one else needs to be there...other than a photographer.  Then we can have an amazing celebration of marriage, <strong>where everyone who is married could celebrate</strong>. What do you think about that? PS. Totally decided to tear up my dress and make a new one or two (lots of fabric) out of it and where it to the marriage celebration. I am so excited!
    Posted by rachelleblock[/QUOTE]

So you wouldn't invite any single people?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_over?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:2b19f3b2-bc99-4d00-a002-58469c4367bePost:b41487e1-b3c3-48fc-811e-3f58e0d7edfc">Re: " I do" over</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: " I do" over : So you wouldn't invite any single people?
    Posted by HuckSC[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's what she meant.
  • Of Course I would invite single people. Its just that those that are married could celebrate their love and accomplishments with being married. To be honest, I have no idea. I just know that I need something else, and this seems to be what I need. Who knows, I figure if my hubby and I just start slow, maybe after a longer while and things calm down, I wont feel this need. Although, i do wanna have a party and get dressed up! It just depends if there is a ceremony along with it. My BFF got teary eyed and asked that she be my MOH again, if we do it again. She wants a 5 year renewal. It was fun to talk about. Who knows what'll happen. All I have to say is I thank you all for your amazing support!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards