• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

NFL Draft

Am I the only knottie watching? I just cheered at the Raider's selection. FI isn't quite as excited about football as I am. Am I alone here?!

Re: NFL Draft

• I'm much more into football than my FI is (GO EAGLES!)

...BUT...I don't follow College, just Pro.  So the draft mostly goes over my head.  I'll catch an article once it's done so I know what went down.

I'm currently having a dilemma that the day we leave for our honeymoon, the Eagles are playing the Cowboys.  If it were any other team, I'd probably just wear a "Just Married" or "Bride" top.  BUT it's the Cowboys...I need to firmly state my loyalty.  So how do I marry the two?  Such a difficult problem...
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Can you get a custom tee made to look like a jersey with the Eagles and logo on the front "JUST MARRIED" across the back with your wedding date as the number? Just a screen printed tee?

We're flying to Denver the day after (our honeymoon is a hot spring resort and spa in Colorado), and I was hoping and praying the Raiders would be playing in town that weekend. Sadly not even the Broncos will be there.
  • I'm watching it! In between watching the stuff about the Royal Wedding. I'm a Vikings fan and currently am upset by their choices.... looks like we'll be out looking for a real QB this year. (UGH!)

Our "guestbook" will be a custom jersey with our new last name and wedding date on the back - Then we're asking our guests to sign the back so we can frame it and hang it in our sports "living room".
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_nfl-draft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:5ebdf6eb-8d05-4eef-a7dd-bd369accf554Post:3e3684ad-5f6a-417c-a8a5-1bf482b92302">Re: NFL Draft</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you get a custom tee made to look like a jersey with the Eagles and logo on the front "JUST MARRIED" across the back with your wedding date as the number? Just a screen printed tee? We're flying to Denver the day after (our honeymoon is a hot spring resort and spa in Colorado), and I was hoping and praying the Raiders would be playing in town that weekend. Sadly not even the Broncos will be there.
    Posted by kmartini1021[/QUOTE]

<div>Oooo...that's an idea!!</div>
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • One of my friends had a jersey made in her favorite team's style, but with her new last name printed on the back instead of a player's name. And you could have it be #11 for the year or something like that. :)
  • Sad to say I don't care at all about the NFL draft and I do freelance video production for the NFL. I work for the Redskins during the season as a video editor and I worked for the NFL this year for the Super Bowl...

But I don't follow college football (except Towson University and THEY SUCK) so the draft really doesn't mean anything for me.

I just want to know what's going on with this damn lockout!
  • I watched the first round and followed up on rounds two and three online.

The jersey idea tha tthe ladies have is awesome - I keep telling FI that I will need a new jersey with the new name on it =) 

Kat - I'm also party of the Eagles faithful.  What do you think the front office picking a 26 year-old as our first rounder?  He looks tough - but I am concerned about the age.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards