• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

Hey My Fellow Oct '11 Ladies!!!

Our board has been kinda slow so just wanted to see whatch ur up to?  Where's everyone with wedding plans so far?

Where I'm at:
Working with a local copy place for ideas for invites and programs.  Nothing is even close to finalized but these are mostly a DIY project so I'm startin EARLY.  I started on the DIY guestbook...it's turning out really nice.  Got our flutes (they were free :) so I'm decorating those up as well.  And I'm working on big "I Do" letters for a decoration.  I'm a busy-bee...but I'm having a blast with it all.  We're going to look at another reception venue...but I'm getting ANTSY about a decision on one finally (we've looked at so many now!)  We're leaning towards a park actually for the ceremony....we like the idea of outdoors now...I dunno, we're pretty good at changing our minds.  LOL!

And can I suggest new sigs????  V-Day is over and I see all these really fun ones that everyone else has....so I want to do somethin fun for the rest of Feb.?  Anyone else in?
Suggestions....since we're early into wedding planning maybe do something like venue or reception inspiration?  Or color inspiration?  Is everyone pretty close to having those?

Everyone loves polls...they're easy, LOL...I'll make one see whatcha think?

Re: Hey My Fellow Oct '11 Ladies!!!

• future-mrs, you have been a busy bee!!  No we are not that far in planning a wedding.  There is a slight chance that we will be moving the wedding day back from 10/1/11, so we have kind of halted on the planning and I am just gathering ideas until I know for sure by the end of the year.  Also, with saving for our house, I have been buying like crazy for a house that doesn't even exist yet (LOL).  I am hoping we know what we are doing by the end of the year, so I can finally put my plans into action.  Also it gives us more time to save for the wedding. 

Keep us updated on your project and post pics when you are done, I am sure everything will turn out awesome.  Let's keep this board active!!!

• sounds like you're getting things done future-mrs. those are some nice ideas.

Hinaj, it can be easy to buy thinking I'll need that in my new house, but could you add some of those items to your wedding registry? that would give you more money for the house or wedding funds. it's something I have to do, not buy it myself but add it to the registry. FI says I have to give the guests some choices and ideas about our taste.

my FI has a binder full of ideas. he's been ready for this alot longer than I have. I get emails and texts every day asking about something...lol  I'm not really sure where to even start. but certain things can wait until next year. I just wanted to get an early start finding fabrics, so if I need a special order it can be done in plenty of time for the seamstress/tailor to not be rushed. already have appts with them, and know how much time they need.
    I figured I have over a year for planning, even with my busy life I think I can get it done. we're hiring a day-of-coordinator, and probably someone to make sure that all the arrangements will happen...is that what a wedding planner does?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_hey-fellow-oct-11-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:8674e026-3998-4ee2-9423-7cbeb30977faPost:dbc172b4-4c6e-4ed8-9849-0a60b5d15e55">Re: Hey My Fellow Oct '11 Ladies!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]future-mrs, you have been a busy bee!!  No we are not that far in planning a wedding.  There is a slight chance that we will be moving the wedding day back from 10/1/11, so we have kind of halted on the planning and I am just gathering ideas until I know for sure by the end of the year.  Also, with saving for our house, I have been buying like crazy for a house that doesn't even exist yet (LOL).  I am hoping we know what we are doing by the end of the year, so I can finally put my plans into action.  Also it gives us more time to save for the wedding.  Keep us updated on your project and post pics when you are done, I am sure everything will turn out awesome.  Let's keep this board active!!!
    Posted by Hinaj[/QUOTE]

YOU lady are not allowed to change wedding dates...well for the month at least...I'll seriously cry if you leave our board... :(  Hehe...definitely will post pics soon of my crazy craft projects when I get a little farther into them!  :)
  • Wow you have been busy. FI and I have been trying to narrow down a photographer, because we want to set up our engagement session for in the fall. I have been pricing things that I will DIY such as the "I do" letters, the paint, and the baskets so far. It has been fun though. I need to call the church soon to set up our engagement session that we need to do before we meet one on one with the priest. Other than that I have been collecting ideas and hope to look at dresses and bridemaids dresses in the summer since my friend is leaving for six months to go through basic training and be stationed in Texas for awhile so I want to get her measurements. You will have to post pics of your DIY projects when you get them done. Good Luck.
  • Great poll idea!  We've booked our ceremony and reception venue. We've also sorted out who will be in our wedding party.  Right now I'm gathering lots of ideas and working on booking an officiant and a photographer.  I have a friend of a friend who just became a minister, so hopefully she'll be able to marry us.  If not the search will really be on!
    Anniversary
  • HinajHinaj member
    1000 Comments
    edited February 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_hey-fellow-oct-11-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:8674e026-3998-4ee2-9423-7cbeb30977faPost:8b869e15-0d7f-4302-afc9-b8a99332ec4b">Re: Hey My Fellow Oct '11 Ladies!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]sounds like you're getting things done future-mrs. those are some nice ideas. Hinaj, it can be easy to buy thinking I'll need that in my new house, but could you add some of those items to your wedding registry? that would give you more money for the house or wedding funds. it's something I have to do, not buy it myself but add it to the registry. FI says I have to give the guests some choices and ideas about our taste. my FI has a binder full of ideas. he's been ready for this alot longer than I have. I get emails and texts every day asking about something...lol  I'm not really sure where to even start. but certain things can wait until next year. I just wanted to get an early start finding fabrics, so if I need a special order it can be done in plenty of time for the seamstress/tailor to not be rushed. already have appts with them, and know how much time they need. I figured I have over a year for planning, even with my busy life I think I can get it done. we're hiring a day-of-coordinator, and probably someone to make sure that all the arrangements will happen...is that what a wedding planner does?
    Posted by marysbaby[/QUOTE]

Hey marysbaby,

Even with so many things I am buying or planning to buy for our house. There will be a decent amount of stuff on the registry.  FI and I really don't want to do a registry, and we want our guest to come and celebrate with us, but I told him there will be people who want to buy gifts and at least for them we should set up a regsitry.  Also, we agreed that the things I have bought, I wouldn't have put it on the list anyway.  But, I just have a hard time seeing something that is perfect for us, and letting it go.  I am not blowing off my wedding budget, but I definately take  tiny portion of my paycheck and save that for things I want to buy for the house instead of spending it on myself, which would so happen. LOL. 

That sounds great about your dress, I am sure everything will work out perfectly.  My dresses will probably be made in India. 

The difference between a wedding planner and a DOC is that a wedding planner is there with you from the very beginning of your wedding planning and helps you throughout in terms of booking vendors, venues, etc.  A DOC is only for the day of the wedding.  She makes sure everything sets up smoothly and you can refer all the vendors of that day to her to work out any problem and kinks.  You do meet with your DOC before your wedding a couple of times before so both of your are on the same page. or atleast that is what I think the difference is, someone can correct me if I am wrong.  We decided to get a DOC as well, which reminds me that I should really start my research for one. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_hey-fellow-oct-11-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:8674e026-3998-4ee2-9423-7cbeb30977faPost:7493b526-4cbe-4b87-a115-f79dfb997d9f">Re: Hey My Fellow Oct '11 Ladies!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey My Fellow Oct '11 Ladies!!! : YOU lady are not allowed to change wedding dates...well for the month at least...I'll seriously cry if you leave our board... :(  Hehe...definitely will post pics soon of my crazy craft projects when I get a little farther into them!  :)
    Posted by future-mrs[/QUOTE]

future mrs, I don't want to change my date either.  I love my date and I love our Oct 2011 group.  But it might happen, depnding on my school.  I hate the not knowing.  But I will stick around even if my date changes, just to see how all of your planning goes. 
  • Hello everyone, it seems like so many of you have gotten a head start to planning. I'm still working on getting through college so my plans are temporarily on hold.  It's midterm week the next 2 weeks for classes and its a major stress.  My mom, me and my Fi are planning on going to look at venues soon, and I already have the ideas for my flowers-Kroger! I bought my FI's grandmother a boquet of flowers from Kroger, they were gorgeous and lasted her 4 weeks in the hospital.  The boquet was on;ly $15.00!!! It's great, if you are crafty and are able to put together your own then I highly suggest trying Kroger.  It saves a lot of money and they still look beautiful!! :o) just a suggestion!  My mom, my maid of honor, and my two aunts are planning on going wedding dress shopping in the Bridal district in Cincy and I'm super excited to go! it should be a lot of fun, I will keep you all updated with the plans as you keep me updated also! :o) happy friday everyone!!!!!! Cool
  • Glad to see there are other brides who are planning as far out as I am; October 2011, here we come! Cool
  • Welcome to the board, FelineBride! We hope to see you around often!
    <a href="http://www.kristyanddon.weebly.com">-[Wedding Recap]-
    </a>
  • edited March 2010
    We got the church; the deposit is all paid for and everything, so as far as I am concerned, that is one of three big things taken care of.  If it had been up to my parents, the reception venue would have already been booked too, but they didn't since my Mom knows I want to see it first.
    I've been working on my Save The Date cards.  My Dad gave me a really good idea for them, so I kinda took it and went with it; I do a web comic and my Dad suggested that I used that for my Save The Date.  I really liked the idea and have been working on it now and then recently, trying to get the background right has been the most difficult thing.
    My parents have been bugging me to call the place about the dress I want, but this far out, I don't really feel like doing it so soon.   Yes it will be custom made and yes it is shipping in from outside the country, but still, I wasn't expecting to really focus on that until the end of this year since the earliest I'd order it would be next January.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards