• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

Wedding Planning: Colors

So we started with theme and now I'm moving onto colors. I know some of us regulars have had this set in stone for awhile and shared, but I want the new girls to jump in and share their options and choices as well!

Pictures are not required, but strongly suggested =)

What are your wedding colors?
<a href="http://www.kristyanddon.weebly.com">-[Wedding Recap]-
</a>

Re: Wedding Planning: Colors

• Mine is mainly dark red and off whitish and then we will add dark orange and dark brown into it

there are pics in my bio
    October 2011:Our baby :)
    Jed <3 Ashlie updated 10/03/10</br>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Purples, Gold & Chocolate
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • Mine are dark red, brown and ivory. :)
    "The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to have the fall shades of red yellow orange green and brown. But we are mostly only going to have red and ivory
    Photobucket
  • Hasn't been set 100% yet, but we are strongly leaning towards pale pink & olive green w chocolate brown table cloths and accenting decor... Olive green for the BM dresses, and we are using cherry blossoms (where the pink comes in) around decor
    xo Alia
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Is the inspiration board that I found my colors.  They refer to them as "fig, blush, mustard, suit blue, and expresso."
    <a href="http://www.kristyanddon.weebly.com">-[Wedding Recap]-
    </a>
  • teal and ivory, with accents of red and orange over here!!
  • we're doing dark brown and teal with dark purple as an accent color.
  • I can't decide!!  I love the idea of the eggplant purple with pumpkin orange but only if it is done correctly.  I feel like it can be done well or be a complete disaster. 

Tara special-ordered her bridesmaids‘ purple silk-chiffon gowns with rosettes at the waist. For a brilliant contrast, they carried clusters of orange gerbera daisies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We'll most likely be going with a chocolate brown, burnt orange and ivory - going completely fall colors!
  • Fall colors here, too! :-)
    pumpkins.jpg pumpkins image by courag3
    Autumn Leaves Killer Jack 31000
  • Peacock theme!  going with deep brown, teal, green, and purples i believe
  • I'm torn between Brown w/green and orange accents or Purple with orange and green accents. Depends on the bridesmaids dresses
  • Beautiful combos girls! 

Ours:

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_wedding-planning-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:895694b5-95df-486f-ab22-9daac85f3ec0Post:a7715c93-0af7-4909-baa1-437ae0a6de53">Re: Wedding Planning: Colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Peacock theme!  going with deep brown, teal, green, and purples i believe
    Posted by chickhooper32[/QUOTE]

If you want any peacock feather accessories, let me know. I found some amazing Etsy shops that specialize in feather hairpieces and belts, etc etc etc. The peacock sounds gorgeous!
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • Navy and burgandy here.

I just loike those colors
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  •  Black and White with Red and Silver as accent colors. May incorporate some orange and greens. Pictures in my bio
    Soon-2-be Mrs. Moon
  • Autumn Enchant...

Those colors are awesome! How are you going to incorporate them.  I saw that palette, but couldn't figure out how to use the colors.  Any ideas...dresses/flowers?  I liked the idea of the burgundy for dresses and the others for flowers, but still so undecided
  • Well FH has to have new york jets green, so unsure of what other colors I can add to that- I saw the apple color at davids bridal, but feel that might be to christmasy, So any ideas would be great.
  • Dark red and burnt orange over here. Red and orange are Jeremy's favorite colors, and since it's a fall wedding, it just all fits together. More specifically the colors are Apple and Persimmon from Davids Bridal. The reds and oranges will be accented by yellows and the traditional fall colors :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So hard to decide! But I think I finally have!!

From betsywhite.com

• Just got engaged and love the idea of my future husband in a navy blue suit.  Do you guys think champagne could be the second color? I found a bridesmaid dress that I love!!  I can bring the fall colors in with the flowers.  Thoughts?  I'm gonna need some help!! Thanks. :)
  • The swatches from the David's Bridal site:

Not so textured swatches I made:

The green doesn't look that great here but in a shiny material it doesn't look as dull. They're 'lapis' and 'fern'. Then I'm going to have fall colors for decorations. It may not all match but "I do what I want" ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards