Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Key West - January Honeymoon?

Anyone gone down to Key West for their honeymoon?  There seems to be one all-inclusive resort there: Little Palm Island.  WAY spendier than Sandals and without airfare, too!

Any advice?

Re: Key West - January Honeymoon?

• Options
    I just googled it and it looks beautiful!  Very pricey though.  I don't think I could spend that much to say I went to Florida.  I'd rather say I went to Fiji!
  • Options

I don't think Little Palm Island is right on Key West, although I don't think it's far.  I was actually disappointed with Key West and enjoyed the middle part of the Keys around Marathon a lot better.  We stayed at Conch Key Cottages and absolutely loved it.  It's very small and private and they have a five-night romance package that includes many extras for a really good price.  There are lots of fun restaurants in the area, it's not far to Bahia Honda state park, and you'll have a fridge in your cottage that you can stock up with all the drinks you want!

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    No all inclusives but look look up keywest historic inns..... I've been there three times and all of those inns are great
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_key-west-january-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:8035930f-0c5e-4193-99bc-dc06414d3f31Post:61333a85-377e-4b77-9b8a-e1e4a09550e5">Re: Key West - January Honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just googled it and it looks beautiful!  Very pricey though.  I don't think I could spend that much to say I went to Florida.  I'd rather say I went to Fiji!
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.. if I'm going to spend that kind of money, it better be to go globetrotting somewhere not to the Keys. The same goes for Sandals resorts, there are many other adult only AI's that are much nicer and cheaper than Sandals. Friends of ours spent more to honeymoon at Sandals in St. Lucia than we did to go to Fiji for ours. That's absolutely ridiculous! :-P

We went to Key West a few months ago and had a great time, but we've had a lot more fun on crusies or at AI's in Mexico or the Caribbean. If you're going to spend that much, how about looking elsewhere around the world?
  • Options
    Thanks all -- you are all great and helpful!  Anyone care to share Fiji info?????

Thanks so much again!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_key-west-january-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:8035930f-0c5e-4193-99bc-dc06414d3f31Post:8a23eea5-82ab-432e-89cf-928ebb55f24b">Re: Key West - January Honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks all -- you are all great and helpful!  Anyone care to share Fiji info????? Thanks so much again!
    Posted by ccny778[/QUOTE]

We booked our HM to Fiji through South Seas Adventures and stayed at Qamea Resort & Spa. Tons of pics in my married bio under the honeymoon tab of our stay there. We picked Qamea because it only accomodated up to 36 people at once, and every couple had their own beachfront bure with private outdoor rock shower and a front porch with a hammock on it. We upgraded to the honeymoon bure which had a private outdoor hot tub as well. Definitely our favorite part! All our meals and most activities were included, we just had to pay extra for alcohol and some of our excursions. We also loved the honeymoon beach excursion where they drop you off by boat for the day on your private beach with a picnic lunch, beach chairs, and snorkel equipment. Perfect day!

<a href="http://www.south-seas-adventures.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.south-seas-adventures.com/</a> 

The only thing we would change if we could go back and do it again, is island/resort hop. We flew all the way out there and only spent time at one resort. We now wish we had experienced a little more and stayed somewhere else in addition to Qamea to mix it up a little.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)
  • Options
    Thanks for all the info!  Sounds amazing!  Do they include airfare or did you have to get that separately!

Thanks again,

CC
  • Options
    We spent our honeymoon in the Keys this past April and LOVED IT.  We're lucky and have a family member who let us use their house on one of the lower keys, so I don't have suggestions for hotels to stay in, but I would definitely reccomend not just limiting yourself to Key West if you are still interested in the area.  Key West is definitely fun, but there is so much more to see and do than just spending time on one of the many islands that make up the Keys.  

I've had two friends honeymoon in the Keys and stay on Islamorada (one of the upper keys), and they pulled it off on a pretty tight budget.  So if you're willing to stay a bit further up towards the mainland, you may be able to find a pretty good deal, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards