Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon help!!! St. Luica, Grand caymans, Turks and Caicos?

Hi,

We are having so much trouble finding a hotel that has the amenities we want for a romantic honeymoon in the caribbean. The only real activity I want to do is snorkeling or than that walks on the beach or mild site seeing would be fine anywhere
Priorities
1. Romantic (couples massages and private beach dinners?)
2. room service
3. decent food
4. on the beach

It does not have to be all inclusive, but we'd like to stay for 7 nights in April 2013 for 4-5000.
Even if we didn't have the romance in our rooms, but a property with rental cabanas on the beach or hammocks around the grounds or private seating areas scattered around would be great!

Please help!

Re: Honeymoon help!!! St. Luica, Grand caymans, Turks and Caicos?

• I dont know very much about hotels but some awesome activities to try and do if you would want is parasailing and swimming with sting rays. I did not think i would like either of these but ended up loving them.

Another idea instead of hotels is have you ever done a cruise? My family had taken a cruise to the Caribbean last spring and it was awesome! Most have a spa that you can use, and there are nice (more private) rooms that you could get. Some ideas to think about is you get to travel to multiple locations and you dont need to pack up every other day to get to your next location. One down fall is sea sickness, but normally you can talk to you doctor and get patches that will help. I only used half a patch because it was enough to keep me from getting sick and it didnt cause me to be to tired.

Another great thing is they normally have nicer restaurants that are free on certain nights (if not all) and you can try a lot of different things. Ours also had a GREAT comedy club and I loved it, there isnt a lot of things that would keep me up that late but I wasnt going to miss out on the free shows.

Well I know I probably wasnt much help to your actual post, but if you do like the idea of a cruise then there are lots of cruise lines to start checking out, all have lots of different stuff to offer.
  • Hi! My husband and I just got back from our HM in Turks and Caicos this week! We had an amazing time. T&C is super quiet and romantic, so if all you are interested in is snorkeling and walking along the beach, it's a great choice! Grace Bay beach is absolutely fantastic... hands down the best beach I've ever been to and I've traveled quite a bit. The restaurants there are outstanding as well. Some restaurants offer private beach dining, but we decided against doing a private dinner b/c of the cost (~$200 set up fee in addition to the dinner bill). There are tons of restaurants on the beach in T&C. If you want more info, feel free to PM me :) 
    imageAnniversary
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    We have stayed here.................in Grand Cayman..............
    http://www.grandcaymancondos.org/

If you look at the top left photo, you see one side of a horshoe shaped complex.  There are a limited number of condo's, keeping the "population" down.  The beach and pool are private to the villa guests.  The port shops are nice and the snorkeling is amazing.  They have some incredible restaurants.
  • H and I went to Sandal Grande St. Lucian for our HM.  We stayed 6 nights and it cost us around $5200 (includes airfare).  I think this place has everything you're looking for.

** Great beach and several pools
    ** Couples massages
    ** Private dinners on the beach are available depending on the room you have or you can pay separately to have that option
    ** Room service is available if you book at the Concierge level
    ** The food was great.  I had one of the best meals I've ever ate at the Barefoot by the Sea restaurant
    ** Cabanas and hammocks are available
    ** Snorkeling is available through the excursions that are offered by Sandals or the vendors on the beach

Good luck!
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards