Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon from Boston for under $3,000?

Not interested in Mexico, CR or Puerto Rico.

Has anybody been somewhere in the Caribean, elsewhere for around $3,000 for air and hotel that they would recommend? Not too many kids, but great food, drinks and stuff to do?

Important that hotel is on beach.

Was thinking Barbados?

Thanks,
Jen

Re: Honeymoon from Boston for under $3,000?

• Options
    Were working with a similar budget, and found that Barbados was just too expensive.  Very few AIs, none of which our TA recommended, and the food/drink is very expensive.  Although she did say it's a great place to go!

You could stay at a nice resort in Jamaica for your budget.  

If you have AAA I would give them a call...free travel services and no pressure.  I used them for ideas and then shopped around for a better deal!
  • Options
    Can I ask why you aren't interested in those locations? Mexico and Puerto Rico are very inexpensive.

The Dominican Republic might fit in your budget, though coming from Boston the air is going to be about $250 pp more than going to Puerto Rico or Mexico as far as I've found and I'm traveling from that area.

Again stuff to do in my mind means Playa del Carmen, Puerto Rico, or CR. I feel like a lot of the other islands (not all) are more "lay on the beach and drink fancy drinks" all day.
  • Options
    I just booked a honey moon to DR at Majestic Elegance for 2800. Newer resort, all inclusive( which is a plus) it is a swim up room and has a honey moon package included. I found the DR to have the best deals. When I looked Jamaica flights were more expensive. I am also flying out of Boston. Good luck
  • Options
    Nothing agains Mexico, PR or Costa Rica but one of us has been to each of those places and we want to go somewhere new together.

• Options
    Try Couples Tower Isle in Jamaica.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We're going to Aruba from Boston, there are flights direct from Boston to Aruba every Monday. The flights direct round trip were $500 each and then we got a timeshare at the Marriot for $1300 for 8 days. So we spent $2300 and then well be bringing spending money.
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We went thru TNT vacation, sandals negril in jamacia, 5 nights for 3,500 out of Boston
    image 110 Invited so far!
    image 91Are ready to party!
    image 19 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards