• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

Alcohol at out of town reception

Hey girls, Hope everyone is having an alright monday afternoon!
I am wondering if you guys can help me out with this. My reception is about 20 mins out of town, in a small town. We recently decided we'd like to serve alcohol at our reception, but now thinking about all the details that go with that is getting complicated! There are only 4 hotel rooms in the hotel in the small town, so obviously its not going to work to book a block of enough rooms for all the guests who'd be drinking. We're wondering if it's necessary to provide transportation for the guests to get back to a hotel in the city? Or are they responsible to make sure they get themselves and their families get back to the city safely? I am worried! I really don't want any of my guests to get into an accident because of alcohol served at my  wedding. Can you ladies think or any options for me? Any opinions or ideas on the subject would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alcohol at out of town reception

• I would hope that people wouldn't get out-of-hand drunk if they didn't have a place to stay nearby. Maybe I'm just cynical, and it's possible that I'm wrong, but I think that it's up to them as to whether or not they are responsible enough to get home safely. 

Giving them the option of booking hotel rooms will be nice, but anything beyond that is beyond your control.
  • If you can afford to give transportation to the city hotel, I think it'd be a nice courtesy. I don't think you HAVE to though. People should be responsible for themselves.

You could make business cards (VistaPrint freebie ones!) with info for a cab. I've seen other ladies on here do that. That way you're not spending money on transportation, but you're still helping your guests be responsible.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_alcohol-out-of-town-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:9f397349-55ef-435a-af08-9e29769dea07Post:98f168e5-4e0d-41c5-8c31-d047f7228cdd">Re: Alcohol at out of town reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you can afford to give transportation to the city hotel, I think it'd be a nice courtesy. I don't think you HAVE to though. People should be responsible for themselves. <strong>You could make business cards (VistaPrint freebie ones!) with info for a cab. I've seen other ladies on here do that. That way you're not spending money on transportation, but you're still helping your guests be responsible.</strong>
    Posted by deeegoalie[/QUOTE]

<div>Perfect!</div>
  • What Deee said.

If they're adults they should know how to restrain themselves from getting too drunk.  Transportation would be a nice added benefit, but if you can't afford it, then it's not necessary.  The cab # cards are a nice idea.
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • PP's are correct. You do not need to provide transportation for them. They are adults and should know how to drink, not drink, or designate a DD so that it will allow them to get back to the hotel. Maybe on the location info page on yourwebsite you can note that it is a 20 minute commute.

If you are really that nervous about it, however, and it's in your budget, then you may want to offer something just to ease your mind from worry.
  • evabo31evabo31 member
    100 Comments
    Agree with PP. 
    October 2011 Siggy: Wedding Preview
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Totally agree with PPs.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards