• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

How is your week faring?

This week has started on such a terrible note.   Yesterday, I thought I was going to completely lose it.  It was such a horrible day.  FI's employers are hinting that it might be another month more before he can start work for them because the guy he is replacing has asked to stay for another month.  I am so pissed!!!  On top of that, work is piling up, school, and finances.  It was just such a depressing day.  I don't know what else can go wrong.....

Sorry, just venting.

This should become an WTF session!!!!

Re: How is your week faring?

• Aw, girl, I'm sorry you're having a crappy week... Ditto on the WTF.  Here's mine:

I lost my job.  Just up and got fired and I had been there for almost a year...so now I don't know what I'm gonna do and I'm kinda worried.  Ironic thing is my manager really skirted around WHY I got fired (awesome thing: Kansas has a fire for any reason law) so I never even really got a straight answer but I think she caught wind of me possibly looking for something else because I really wasn't happy there.....anyways, bad deal all the way around.

I'm just nervous because FI and I were going to start saving for the wedding and now we really can't...not until I find something anyways. 

• What is it with this WTF week?  I'm sorry to hear about both of your challenges this week.  I didn't know that Kansas had that law about firing and it seems sort of wrong. 

My week has also been quite less than awesome.  This is one of our busiest times of the year because we are hiring our student leaders for next year.  So, we are in interviews all day (and this evening) which means other regular parts of my job are piling up. I also have to facilitate a meeting between two student groups who are disagreeing with each other - should be a great as I don't have a lot of free time to prep.  I also feel like both groups might let their anger out on me (maybe I can unite them through a dislike of me!).  I know I'll get through it but right now I can't believe it is only Tuesday!

Anniversary
  • future-mrs,

I am so sorry to hear about your job.  I did not know a law existed like that.  WTF kind of law is that?  I hope you find something great and where you love working.  FI and I are in the same situation and it is really hurting our plans for the wedding and buying a house.  But on the bright side, one of us is working which is better than 0. 

Mel_23,

Sorry about your crappy week as well.  If you don't mind me asking what do you do?  From all the students, I want to say teacher.  Smile  I don't think I can take trying to reconcile two groups, I would just make myself the bad guy so they have a common enemy.  I dont have the patience to mediate with students (or so I think). 

Good luck to us all for this week and hoping that it turns around for all of us. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_week-faring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:650Discussion:beedfb95-154a-452b-a959-da6a9fa6a44aPost:9432803a-c414-4754-9bce-8403859f698a">How is your week faring?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This week has started on such a terrible note.   Yesterday, I thought I was going to completely lose it.  It was such a horrible day.  FI's employers are hinting that it might be another month more before he can start work for them because the guy he is replacing has asked to stay for another month.  I am so pissed!!!  On top of that, work is piling up, school, and finances.  It was just such a depressing day.  I don't know what else can go wrong..... Sorry, just venting. This should become an WTF session!!!!
    Posted by Hinaj[/QUOTE]

I agree I was thinking that we need it,we haven't had one in a while!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope that things get better,sending postive knottie vibes to all of you!!! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mel_23Mel_23 member
    10 Comments
    edited February 2010
    Hinaj - I work in student services at a college (for one of the faculties).  I honestly love my job most of the time as it involves academic advising and working with student leaders.  Thanks for the warm message.

future-mrs - Yup, I've been working on making it smaller but whatever I do it seems to be determined to be ginormous.  I've taken it off as it's been there for a bit now.

Good vibes to all of you guys!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_week-faring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:beedfb95-154a-452b-a959-da6a9fa6a44aPost:ee9fc230-1891-4e18-9805-66b8cc2fec7a">Re: How is your week faring?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hinaj - I work in student services at a college (for one of the faculties).  I honestly love my job most of the time as it involves academic advising and working with student leaders.  Thanks for the warm message. future-mrs - Yup, I've been working on making it smaller but whatever I do it seems to be determined to be ginormous.  I've taken it off as it's been there for a bit now. Good vibes to all of you guys!
    Posted by Mel_23[/QUOTE]

What program are ya using?  You could send it to me if ya want and I can re-size it for you.  Or upload it in something like Photobucket and re-size it there...then paste it.  It looks awesome, don't delete it!  :)
  • No worries, I figured out how to make it a much better size.  Thanks for the offer of help, future-mrs - it was very much appreciated!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards