Honeymoon Discussions

Has anyone used theSandals Honeymoon Registry?

Has anyone used the honeymoon registry that Sandals provides? They charge a 5% fee on gifts/$ you receive and I am trying to decide if it is worth it.

Re: Has anyone used theSandals Honeymoon Registry?

• Just a warning, apparently honeymoon registries are evil around here. A lot of knotties hate them and are probably about to tell you how horrible they are.

I have no experience with them, so I can't help, but just wanted to give you a heads up!
    Anniversary
  • I've never seen a Sandals HM registry.... where did you find it?
  • You could always do your own honeymoon registry not through Sandals. I've never used Sandals but I'm assuming it's like any other fee based registry, or the same as the one through my travel agent, where the guests pay the registry, and then they cut you a check, usually once halfway through and once after the wedding (so you can't actually use the money towards your honeymoon if you leave the next day). I would suggest Honeyfund. The guests can choose to pay with a credit card (through your paypal acct, if you have one. Paypal does charge a 2.5% charge on their own, however) or they can just print a voucher of what they'd like to give you and then put it with cash or a check at your shower/wedding. That's what I'm using and so far I love it. I am choosing to spend $29 to upgrade to premium to get rid of ads on my page and get a cool background and such, but that's the only fee associated and you don't HAVE to use it. HTH! Good luck! =]
  • I recently signed up for one but apparently didn't read the fine print - I was unaware of the fees.  Maybe I should look into this more - good thing I still have a while before a shower!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • it was on the sandals wbsite. I decided against t. i found one site you can do yourself-Honeyfund, which didn't take any $ or %. I am still on the fence about doing that at all, most likely not going to, but that was definitely a better choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards