• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

Mother-of - the- Bride

We live in Georgia and our daughter lives in the  D.C.area with her finance......we are so excited about their wedding next year, but wish we lived closer.  I just lost my dad on October 8, 2010....which just happens to be be the date that my daughter and her finace will be married next year. The church and reception were booked at the time my dad passed away.   At first, they were going to change the date (which was fine with me), but decided to have a celebration of life and a new beginning.  I so proud of them and my dad would be too.  Looking forward to all the wonderful wedding celebrations in the New Year.

Re: Mother-of - the- Bride

• woah, I think your family is my family's long lost twin!! Haha. My wedding is October 8 2011, My grandpa died October 8, 2010. I, like your daughter, was going to change it, but decided against it because I know grandpa wouldn't want to ruin my plans. 

This upcoming year will be fantastic - I just know it.
  • My family lives in Orlando Florida, which is where we are going to be married. However we live in DC if you daughter or yourself ever want to catch hit me up. I also have recently started a blog called the beltwaybride which is about all things bridal in the DC metro area.

I sorta relate my FI and I were engaged the night my mother's father passed away.  I didn't know about about it till when I called some family to announce our engagement the next day they told me.  My mom took it really hard for awhile and couldn't even think of our wedding. 
  • My fiance and I are getting married on October 7 which is both of our grandmother's birthdays. I think it is a great way to honor them.
    "Came but for friendship and took away love" Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards