• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

Found a ring (posted similar thread on A&A)

Searching online last night, I finally found a ring that I love. It's a little more than I was wanting to spend though. I tried Ebay, Ovestock and Amazon, but everything I found that is "similar" is white gold with black diamonds, which is not what I want, so I may have to bite the bullet.

Next step is to check out some local jewelers to try on similar styles to make sure I like it on my finger.

http://www.bijouxprives.com/en/alliance-or-blanc-rhodie-noir-et-diamants.html

Re: Found a ring (posted similar thread on A&A)

• breanessbreaness member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited April 2011
    Ooh I love that it's black rhodium. I have a titanium wedding band that I bought on amazon to see if I liked the style before ordering the real deal in white gold (the ring was only $5) and I LOVE the darker metal.

I wanted to use it as my real band but FI wasn't having it because it was only $5.

Ha!

But seriously, this is lovely and it looks like a great choice!

ETA: Just remember-- although it may be more than you want to spend... this is a piece of jewelry that you're going to wear for the rest of your life. Don't make a decision based on price if it's really what you want.

Can you post a picture of your engagement ring? I'd love to see what this is going to be paired with.
  • I commented on the other thread about this but I wanted to put it here too.

My ring is white gold and it's rhodium plated to look silver. It's already wearing off after 4.5 months of wear. There's no such thing as "white" gold. It's a yellowish color, it's more white than yellow gold but it's truly somewhere between yellow gold and the silver color that it appears.

Since my ring was purchased from a local jeweler they will replate for lifetime for free... but most jewelers don't do that and online stores DO NOT do that. It can cost $40 or more each time you replate and most people need it every 6-18 months.

In the case of this ring it's BLACK rhodium, which I'm not sure most jewelers carry. I know mine doesn't. So it may be impossible to replate entirely. It will look awful when it's dark metal on top and yellow on the bottom.

The rings wear the inside first, then the bottom of the ring (the part that faces the same way as the palm of your hand) and lastly the top. I have a ring that's 4 years old that my mom bought me and the bottom and sides are all yellow but the top prongs around the blue topazes are still silver in appearance. It's not such a drastic difference so I don't mind it too much. But black vs. yellow will be very noticeable.

Just wanted to throw that out there. See if you can get tungsten and diamond or titanium and diamond instead. They're cheaper metals anyway and they're the same color.
  • jewelry is an assest. Don't blow your budget but I think jewelry is definitely something you can spend a little more on because quality jewelry will build equity.
  • If you want black metal with white diamonds, you should contact brian gavin diamonds. I know they did titanium diamond hoops for someone recently and I'm sure they can do the same for a ring for you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_found-ring-posted-similar-thread-aa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:650Discussion:dbafbf64-521c-47ac-9289-3b459c0540ffPost:7fceff8e-e0e3-4713-9531-541c48f59990">Re: Found a ring (posted similar thread on A&A)</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you want black metal with white diamonds, you should contact brian gavin diamonds. I know they did titanium diamond hoops for someone recently and I'm sure they can do the same for a ring for you.
    Posted by breaness[/QUOTE]

Thx for the suggestion. Unfortunately they seem to be out of my price range. I'll have to find a local jeweler and go talk to them about my options. My ering is white gold and I've had no issues with fading and I've been wearing it for a year and a half. But who knows with the black. Thanks again.
  • They do great custom work and the price of gold is currently on the rise. By going with titanium you will cut the cost greatly. I don't think it would hurt to ask.

Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards