Honeymoon Discussions

secrets st james, montego bay

so we booked this hotel a couple of weeks ago and it gets pretty good reviews. here's my only issue though.....all of the rooms are identical! dont get me wrong, they look pretty nice, but i guess i imagined this awesome honeymoon suite type room as well as a great resort. i called the travel agent, and we can always switch to another hotel if we like one better so its no big deal. i looked at some of the sandals resorts, and they have the type of rooms that we are looking for (walk out right to the beach or pool types, butler, etc) but they dont get even half the amount of excellent reviews that secrets gets, i guess im looking for the best of both worlds....awesome upgraded room AND great resort. should we stick with what we got or switch to a different hotel??? we probably wouldnt be in the room that much anyway, but i just wanted this trip to be different than any other, thoughts?

Re: secrets st james, montego bay

• I can see where you're coming from and we were looking there too.
    I think you need to think about how much time you'll actually be in the room (they are quite nice from what I remember looking at) vs how much time you'll be out and about.
    If the room is more important to you than the resort, etc, then switch.
  • That's what I was thinking, we are going to most likely be out running around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards