• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
November 2011 Weddings

Colors

What colors are you thinking for your wedding?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Colors

• HaylaCHaylaC member
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Comments
    i'm having sage green, brown and ivory. we're gettinmg married in a log cabin so im having  a woodland theme.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Honeymoon Sunset

Anniversary

• I'm having mocha and tiffany blue.  We're getting married on the beach in FL and I think that when we do our AHR the colors will go nicely here in WI!
  • Orange and Cobalt Blue
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • We're doing black with fuschia/berry accents.  I'm looking for a vibrant, jewel toned pink to contrast with the black.  We're doing an enchanted forest theme, so we're using pink flowering branches for our centerpieces and we're ending the fairytale night with a candy bar in black and different shades of pink.
  • I'm having a tough time deciding; 

Originally I wanted red, white and black but my mom says she hates red in weddings. 

Now thinking purple and champagne (or light gold)

What do you ladies think? 

• I love purple, especially for the time of year.  I've been seeing so many beautiful shades of purple in different bridal magazines--I was serioulsy considering changing our color scheme for a while, but decided to go with my first choice.
  • I haven't quite decided on colors yet. I've gotten it narrowed down to purple, some shade of orange and brown, possibly red or gold. I would like to have a more "autumn-y" feel to it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." --The Beatles
  • We were thinking of black and champagne with a little hint of a very light pink. The girls would be wearing dark grey dresses and the chair covers would be black with a lace bow. We are going with a lace and pearl theme. Sound okay? Or will it be a disaster?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love gray, jmsyroid!  I think it will be beautiful!  Not too sure about champagne with black, gray and pink, though.  I might just stick with those three.
  • HaylaCHaylaC member
    In Response to Re: Colors:
    [QUOTE]We were thinking of black and champagne with a little hint of a very light pink. The girls would be wearing dark grey dresses and the chair covers would be black with a lace bow. We are going with a lace and pearl theme. Sound okay? Or will it be a disaster?
    Posted by jmsyroid[/QUOTE]

i think your colors sound gorgeous, how will you execute the lace and pearl theme apart from the lace bows?, just curious.

Anniversary

• Our colors are Lime Green, Black, Hot Pink, and of course, a little White.. Haven't found the venue yet.. Undecided
  • I like the idea of a marigold yellow, but not sure about a second accent color?  I think navy is a beautiful match, but not sure if it is fall-ish? I wanted to stick to the fall theme. Any ideas? Thanks : )

• In Response to Re: Colors:
    [QUOTE]I like the idea of a marigold yellow, but not sure about a second accent color?  I think navy is a beautiful match, but not sure if it is fall-ish? I wanted to stick to the fall theme. Any ideas? Thanks : )
    Posted by lisab711[/QUOTE]

Orange/burnt orange would be nice with that and would be very "fall-y" but I'm kind of bias, it's my favorite color! :]
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • HaylaCHaylaC member
    In Response to Re: Colors:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colors : Orange/burnt orange would be nice with that and would be very "fall-y" but I'm kind of bias, it's my favorite color! :]
    Posted by sarajenae13[/QUOTE]

you could add some grey to this and it would look amazing

Anniversary

• edited July 2010
    We were originally doing orange and brown because I like that color combo and it goes great for the fall date. But really I had always dreamed of a pink wedding (it's my favorite color), so even though it's not as "fall" looking.... we are now fully decided on pink and brown.   :-)
  • Loving the color combos! We are doing navy, silvery grays, and fuschia.
  • awdammawdamm member
    10 Comments
    in the beginning stages of planning i chose chocolate brown and sage green for the brides maids dress.  with a very "irish theme..

I then stumbled upon a gorgeous dress that didn't fit that color scheme.

We've now decided on a deep red black and some ivory.

my guys will be in ALL black, black shirt black pant, black jacket.. The grooms men will have red and ivory argyle knee high socks with black converse.

and wedding morning Jim will receive his specil groom gift of personalized bright red converse and his socks argyle will be black ,ivory with red pin stripe. :-)

the bridesmaid will be in black dresses with red accent or vice versa for the maid of honor. havent found their dresses yet.

waiting on my dress to come in in August. can't wait
  • We are doing ivory, tan and gun metal gray (for FI). We are getting married in the Florida keys and doing a beach rustic wedding.
    Never get so busy making a living, that you forget to make a life
  • Our colors are black, white, and silver, with some red to accent. Actually, the main red part will be ME...I'm not 100% decided on my dress yet, but it will definitely be red...and the bridesmaids are wearing the white dresses :)
    Anniversary
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Cocktail:White Russian
    Photobucket
  • awdammawdamm member
    10 Comments
    carasad-

sounds very similar to me... and even the same date...

SUPER AWESOME!!!

Maggie Soretto makes a beautiful red dress... that is flattering to most figures.

Maggie Soretto- www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=J1076" >Fiorenza

a very first choice of mine... but decided to give another dress a try and will find out if i love it in august.

Ian Stuart - Masquerade
  • we are doing a shade of green... to be decided and I was thinking of purple? still questioning myself! Any ideas?
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine are cranberry red and champagne gold.
    Anniversary
  • awdamm... yay, that IS awesome...
    I've been cyber stalking the Maggie dress for a few months...I love it, mostly but I'm not sure I like the neckline...so I've been looking around a bit.  All of the flowers on your other dress are SO pretty! I seem to be gravitating the more lacey stuff too, so we shall see...
    Anniversary
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Cocktail:White Russian
    Photobucket
  • awdammawdamm member
    10 Comments
    they do make the dress i ordered in a Scarlet red... i soooo wanted a red dress but fell in love with this one when i tried it on @ Klienfelds in NY. i felt the dress in ivory was so elegant and just felt right that getting it in red would cross the costum line since the dress has sooo much going on for it anyway. ( my bouquet will be black magic rosettes and some dew drop crystals to make it twinkle a little. )

its a fineline to walk... when doing a colored wedding dress.

ITS SO EASY TO FALL INTO THE CATAGORY OF "COSTUME* 

per Randy from Say yes to the dress ( in person.. so pysched I met him and he picked out my dress)

"Its fine to be fun, funky and where color.. but don't go overboard with accessories. The dress is already the center of attention keep the accessories to a minimum especially when wearing a colored wedding dress.. outside of white, ivory and even champagne... "
  • I'm not 100% sure but we are definitely using blush pink, gold/champagne and cream/ivory.. I might add dark chocolate brown into it also but I'm still not sure. The colors will be finalized when the BMs look at dresses :)

• pinks, browns, and golds, and lots of bling!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • Chocolate and Champange/Gold and Ivory. with a splash of Orange. We are huge Cleveland Brown fans. He wanted to do just do Orange and Brown. I am not a big fan of orange BM dresses so we had to compromise on the Orange.  So If he let me have the champange I would give him the orange accents.  

I  am hoping that I didn't bite off more than I can chew with those colors, but I am keeping my eyes open for ideas and how to make the colors work.

Anniversary
  • We are doing sage, brown , ivory and GOLD! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am having an issue with colors.  My Fiancee favorite color is Red and mine is Blue.  I was thinking of doing a burnt - deep red and a steel blue? MY moh doesn't think those 2 colors go together.  What do you guys think? I was also thinking of adding an deep mango orange to that? My wedding is in Oct. of 2011 and the colors are so far the hardest thing for me.  If I choose those colors, what kind of flowers would go with that color scheme? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
  • Thinking black (love damask!), champagne, ivory & white- it's a very monochromatic scheme, so I've thought of adding a spot of garnet or plum, but am concerned that may be too much with the damask-  opinions?  It will be February-
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards