November 2011 Weddings

Vent about work

I REALLY do love my employer...I cannot tell you how much they spoil me BUT...

They have me going to a seminar this week in Florida (yay!).  Problem?  My flight leaves 6pm in California and lands 6am Florida THE DAY OF THE SEMINAR.  To top it off the seminar starts at 9:30 so now I have to kill 3 hours in the morning WITH my luggage (and have to lug it around at the seminar).  Oh, did I mention I can't sleep on airplanes?

I tried calling hotel to see if I can get early check in but they will charge an extra day if I check in before 8am.  Blah!

Maybe I'll take some Dramamine on the airplane?
November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
Fall Wedding Bio

Re: Vent about work

• Oh that sucks! I would try and check your luggage at the hotel or at the seminar. I know for the trade show I went to last week, there was a bag/luggage check at the conference center that cost maybe $5, and my hotel also had a free luggage check (since I was staying there) with the bell hop desk. I needed it on my last day rather than my first, since check out was at noon but my flight wasn't until 6:45. I was glad to have a place for it rather than bringing it to the trade show. If your seminar is being held at a conference center or hotel of some kind, I would inquire with them if they'll have that service.

As for the flight, try your best to sleep, I know it can be hard though!
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • Ya that's what I was worried about with Dramamine.  Typically when I take that or NyQuil it messes with my system for 12-18 hours.

Thanks ladies!
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • I remember the day of my wedding, I was able to leave my over night stuff and honeymoon bags at the hotel that morning with the bell hop without being charged. Check with your hotel on that...

Also, where in FLorida are you flying into?

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • Tampa Bay
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Ah, that's about a 4 hour drive NW of me. Hopefully this crappy weather we've had over southern Florida will clear out for ya.

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards