November 2011 Weddings

BBC Check Up

Our discussion of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is Monday the 23rd!  So anyone who isn't finished, here's your fair warning!  ;-)

As for the next book, does anyone NOT want to read The Hunger Games?  Should we read just the first book or the whole trilogy?  If we do the WHOLE triology, I think March 23 would be the perfect discussion day, seeing as that's when the movie comes out.  :D
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: BBC Check Up

• I would actually vote for a book by book discussion of the Hunger Games, since there is so many interesting topics in each book really and a LOT goes on. But I am open to anything.

Excited to start discussing Dragon Tattoo!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic *This is not legal advice*
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2012
    I think I'm going to have to review the book this week, I feel like I finished it so long ago.

I agree with Juris about individual discussions of the HG books, rather than waiting until the end of March.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2011-weddings_bbc-check-up-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:651Discussion:696c89ab-7b3c-4bf2-b43a-3768379dde1aPost:e5744a65-1395-41ca-8d6a-fa941ae84928">Re: BBC Check Up</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I think I'm going to have to review the book this week, I feel like I finished it so long ago.</strong> I agree with Juris about individual discussions of the HG books, rather than waiting until the end of March.
    Posted by jcg98[/QUOTE]
    Me too.

I don't mind at all taking THG one by one.  They are pretty heavy for ~375 pages each.  Any suggestions for breaking-up points?  Like book 1 on X date, book 2 on X date, etc.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• jcg98jcg98 member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2012
    Something like Feb. 10, March 2, March 23, maybe?  Approx. 3 weeks for each book with the last being the day the movie is released?

Is that too quick?  From everything I've heard these are quick reads.

• fashionxfashionx member
    500 Comments
    edited January 2012
    I'm going to finish this weekend!!  Jealous of everyone who has so much time to read!

I would love to read THG trilogy -- I read the first last year but would like to re-read before the other two anyway.  Maybe if all 3 are done by 3/23, we could use 2/17 and 3/9 as book 1 and 2 checkpoints?

ETA: I posted the same time as Joanna and I think her dates are better. My last one only had 2 weeks for the last book. Either way though, we were thinking along the same lines! :)
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • I agree with koda.  I liked our first book and have ordered the sequels, but I wouldn't want to discuss all 3 or force those to who didn't like it.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I agree on reading the first one as book club, and the sequels on our own. 

• I agree with Koda as well.  Although Im excited to read THG, I dont think its necessary to discuss all of them.

I finished TGWTDT a few days ago.
    someecards.com - Sorry the America you fought for became a place that created a Justin Bieber movie
  • Okie dokie, THG by itself.  Date suggestions?  This one is much shorter and a much quicker read that TGWTDT.

image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• February 10th? That's 3 weeks, I would guess that should be plenty of time given the length and that it's a quick read. 
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • fashionxfashionx member
    500 Comments
    edited January 2012
    Also do people have suggestions for what to read after Hunger Games?

Here are a few I'd like to read:
    The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

The first one is on the current top seller's list on Amazon and Barnes and Noble, so that's an idea. Or if people want to stick with books that have movies associated with them, The Time Traveler's Wife is also a movie. I don't know how old it is; I never saw it but wanted to.
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2011-weddings_bbc-check-up-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:651Discussion:696c89ab-7b3c-4bf2-b43a-3768379dde1aPost:a2999449-a465-4030-a104-601d42a8b60d">Re: BBC Check Up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also do people have suggestions for what to read after Hunger Games? Here are a few I'd like to read: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green  The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger The first one is on the current top seller's list on Amazon and Barnes and Noble, so that's an idea. Or if people want to stick with books that have movies associated with them, <strong>The Time Traveler's Wife is also a movie. I don't know how old it is; I never saw it but wanted to.
    </strong>Posted by fashionx[/QUOTE]
    I cried like 27 times during that movie.  It's a must-watch.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2011-weddings_bbc-check-up-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:651Discussion:696c89ab-7b3c-4bf2-b43a-3768379dde1aPost:a2999449-a465-4030-a104-601d42a8b60d">Re: BBC Check Up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Or if people want to stick with books that have movies associated with them, The Time Traveler's Wife is also a movie. I don't know how old it is; I never saw it but wanted to.
    Posted by fashionx[/QUOTE]

<div>I read the book then saw the movie - the book was way better IMO.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm almost done TGWTDT, but I will be in the dominican republic on the 23rd so probably won't be able to discuss with everyone!  I will say though that I wish they had kept the original name and also that again, the book was better than the movie.</div>
    Anniversary

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards