November 2011 Weddings

The Hunger Games

So maybe im a bit "behind" on this but has anyone started reading the hunger games? I just finished book 1 and really? This book is insanely awesome. I started reading it at 10pm and stayed up until 430am to finish it - I couldnt put it down!!!! at like 1am DH came ot bed and I was all "1 more chapter" well. . .that didnt happen. Cant wait to start book 2. The movie for book 1 comes out in March.

Re: The Hunger Games

• I read it last year and loooved it! I can't wait for the movie. I got the boxed set for Christmas this year so I can read the other 2 books. I was waiting for them to come out in paperback but now I won't have to wait.
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • I agree with Erica!  I keep hearing such great things, my vote for next BBC read.  =)
    someecards.com - Sorry the America you fought for became a place that created a Justin Bieber movie
  • Never heard of it! On your fb post, I thought you were talking about the book after "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo." :)
    November 2011 Siggy - My Love and I

PhotobucketPhotobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Our wedding date is November 18th, 2011

451 invited 314 Are ready to party! 61 can't make it 77 is MIA
    RSVP Date October 31st, 2011

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I LOVE THG!!!  I'm a total fangirl, haha.  I read the entire trilogy twice in one week right after Christmas.  Then, last week, I read it again in about 4 or 5 days.  Seriously.  I'm addicted!  I'm always checking out the movie Twitter and stalking all the actors that are gonna be in it, haha.

I DEFINITELY vote THG trilogy next, especially since there's a movie now!!!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • That's funny, I saw someone post about THG on FB last night, and I went and added the books to my Amazon Wish List!  I love when people recommend books!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love HG, I read them last summer and finished all 3 books in about 4 days.

If you guys like HG, you should read Divergent.  I just read it on Friday and it's a similar dytopian novel and I liked it a lot.
    Anniversary
  • I loved the books too, although I was disappointed in the third book a little bit. Won't elaborate so as not to spoil it. I am excited to see the movie too!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic *This is not legal advice*
  • Im already 85% done with book 2 - I started it last night and this time only stayed up till 2am. . . insanely easy but god read - Im totally getting into them and cannot wait for the movie. Book Club girls need to read before the movie in March!!!

• I think we can finish the triology waaay before the movie's out.  As you can see, those of us who have read or are reading them can't put them down!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Erica- wow love the siggy pic! and they are such easy reads, so far bok 1 took me one night and book 2 will take me 2 nights.

• A lot of people are saying they didn't like the third one.  I loved it!  I didn't like it so much the first time, but after the next couple of times it grew on me, haha.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• I've heard so many great things about THG - which I'm excited to read - if I can ever finish The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo..
  • Im on book 3, I kind of have to agree its not as great and fast moving as the first 2 but im 80% done (as per kindle LOL) in one night so it cant be that bad LOL Im sad Im almost done with them already LOL
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2011-weddings_hunger-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:651Discussion:700e699e-f99a-4312-9c19-044776cd61b6Post:95f06fa7-aa51-4ef2-b0e7-ae8f1c01bb70">Re: The Hunger Games</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've heard so many great things about THG - which I'm excited to read - <strong>if I can ever finish The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo..</strong>
    Posted by Milsey32[/QUOTE]

<div>How far are you Milsey? I finally have had time to read since I've been sick, and am up to page 377 now; it's definitely getting better and better. But there's still a big chunk left!</div>
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards