November 2011 Weddings

box of pears

We just received a box from FedEx today... a box of pears. A couple other things too: crackers, cheese and summer sausage, and mixed nuts. Sort of a gift box. The message says "Merry Christmas From The S----'s" S--- is our last name, H's family, so that could be anyone? But most likely his grandparents. I'm unsure how I feel about this gift, I guess it's nice. I've never gotten food in the mail before and I am wondering if it's part of some fruit of the month club or if it'll just be this once. Anyone ever got fruit in the mail? And I'm not sure how to deal with the issue of thanking them, I guess I can just assume that it's his grandparents, but what if it's not? Hmm.
Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
Pomegranate Margarita

Re: box of pears

• I haven't gotten fruit in the mail before but I always send my grandpa chocolate tortes from a company called Figi's and I know they sell boxes like the one you're describing. I would check the company online and see if they even have a fruit of the month club, but chances are that you would've been notified. As far as who it's from, you might have to do some investigative work. We received Omaha steaks this year from "Mom." At least that one was a little easier to figure out, lol.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicVacation
  • I'd give your inlaws a call and mention the gift, say that it was signed from the S----'s and ask them if they might have any idea who in the family might have sent it.  We've had to "research" a few gifts too and that's how we did it.  Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It looks like the company (Harry and David) does have a fruit of the month club, but I'm assuming something in the box would say something about us receiving more, right? None of the literature inside mentions more stuff, so I don't think so.

And good call on asking the in-law's, I'll give MIL a call this week and try to check it out. :)

It's actually a really cute gift, just a little surprising! lol - maybe we'll enjoy some of the goodies this weekend with a bottle of wine.
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • I would love to receive food in the mail! I'd be super surprised.
  • I think if it were a monthly club it would have a card that said "Welcome to the fruit of the month club!" Fruit by mail isn't unheard of.  Some people actually forgo supermarket produce and do mail-order instead.  But I agree with PP, call your ILs and see if they know who sent it.  It does sound like a grandparent type of gift.  My grandmother used to send us stuff from Wolferman's. 
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Harry and David sells one time gift boxes, so I would assume it is only once. My mom has sent them before to friends.

I have gotten fruit before but it was a box of chocolate covered strawberries....mmmm. My mom also will randomly send us Omaha Steaks, because there is one near her and she gets coupons.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic *This is not legal advice*
  • My Dad lives in FL and he use to send each family member a case of oranges/tangerines/grapefruits, etc for Christmas every year. They always arrived next day air in the mail. One year he sent 3 months worth of different fruits, so we each received a case January, then February, then March. At 1st I found it odd but thankfully our house eats fruit quite a bit so it didn't go to waste or anything, but we got use to it.

He all of a suddenly stopped sending the fruit about 2 years ago. Guess it got boring to order it after all those years.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • Good to know a couple of you have experience with this company. It looks yummy. They are not 100% ripe yet -- it says to wait and check them every day until they are ripe to enjoy. So we'll be enjoying them soon! :) Also H's cousin posted on my FB when I made a comment about the pears and he said they are from H's grandparents, so the mystery is solved!
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • My MIL send oranges to her mom in Maine via FedEx. I've always worried they'd rot or something.

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • lol...this is kind of funny but more random than anything.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • This reminds me of the everyone loves raymond episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNBwCQQpuaw

hahahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards