November 2011 Weddings

***Confessions Thursday***

Since Erica is a ghost, I figured I would get us started.  ;-)
image image image image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: ***Confessions Thursday***

• edited December 2011
    I confess that I have no motivation to take down my Christmas tree, haha.

I confess that I almost don't feel like having my annual NYE party this year.  Almost no one is coming, and the few who are coming are either H's friends (which is fine, but I want my friends and our mutual friends there too) or can't stay the whole time (splitting parties or working).  It's been slowly deteriorating like this every year for like 3 years now.  I don't think I'm even gonna bother throwing it next year.  :(

I confess that the probable crappy attendance at my NYE party is a symbol for me of how all my friends are growing apart.  I am trying to be the glue, but I can't hold people together if they won't come to events and keep retreating into little couples.  :(
    image image image image

My Blog

Anniversary

• I confess that H asked if we wanted to have his friend and wife over for NYE and I really don't want to. I think he sensed it too. Not sure if we are going to have them over or not.

I also confess that we found a house I love, but I know it isn't everything H wants even though he also likes it a lot. And I know I could probably lawyer him into getting it, but I am trying really hard not too. We will continue to look, and then maybe go back and see it again.

I confess that I have no motivation today. At all.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic *This is not legal advice*
  • I confess that I'm pissed my martini cost $9 last night. I mean, I should've known but at the same time I'm just annoyed they didn't display prices. 

Also, I saw the movie New Years Eve and was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. There are a million characters in it, which my ADD-self loves. I don't like focusing on one main character for 2 hours, haha. 

I confess that I'm annoyed with DH and I reeeeally don't want to drive to Ohio to see his family - ESPECIALLY THE ONES THAT BAILED ON OUR WEDDING. effingjerks. Ugh. 

And I'm avoiding getting up to go to Secretary of State to change my name. I'm really excited about it.. just not excited to be at SoS. 
  • I confess that DH and I are moving again (in a week) and although I LOVE the apartment we are going to, Im crossing my fingers that he gets a new position he applied for so we can move back to Florida.  If he gets it we'll be moving in October.  Whats 6 times in 2 years right?

And on the moving subject, I should really be packing, but instead Im making plans with my SSIL who is in the area visiting and TK/TBing.
    someecards.com - Sorry the America you fought for became a place that created a Justin Bieber movie
  • On the subject of moving, I confess that I always have my eyes open for an excuse for us to move to FL. I know there's a reason out there, I just need to find it and then convince DH.

I also confess that I'm hoping to ditch out of work early so that DH and I can go use my gift card to the Outback. I work 2nd shift so it's hard for us to coordinate meals.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Vacation
  • On the subject of moving... I confess I LOVED living in Texas and being warm much more often than I am in Michigan. DH really wants to move back there when I'm done with school but honestly, I want to stay only because of family. ugh. family. love 'em and hate 'em.
  • Spike - Get just a regular hand held steam cleaner instead of the steam mop!  I have a handheld and its WONDERFUL.  I use it to clean the shower, kitchen counter tops, kitchen floor, furniture.. well.. everything.  My parents have a steam mop and hate that its so limited.

someecards.com - Sorry the America you fought for became a place that created a Justin Bieber movie
  • I confess that I'm broke, even post wedding.  Because of the wedding DH was paying for all bills now I have no excuse but because of Christmas I don't have much to give him. 

It gets pretty frustrating because every single month I tell him it will get better and I can give him x amount but every month something comes up.  It's getting really frustrating to keep giving excuses.  As of this coming Sunday I will be responsible for rent entirely (and I will be able to do it) but I still want to give him some extra money to pay off the bed and for electricity and food.

I also had a great plan to pay x amount of dollars on Dec, Jan, and Feb's credit card bilsl paying one off in Jan and two in Feb but I didn't make the amount I was suppose to in Dec (way over the minimum but not what I had planned in order to be paid off in Feb) so now I'm scared they won't be paid off until Mar or Apr.  I just want these things gone!  I had them paid off in August but because of the wedding I got them pretty close to maxing them out again. 

Plus we want to invest in a house.  While our credit is high and mortgage payment would be cheaper than our rent I still don't want to apply with any credit card debt on my credit. 

grrrrrrr money.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • I confess that I'm a little teensy bit annoyed at my photgrapher- we live about 2 hours away, and we have to go in person to see the rest of the pictures and pick out the album...so we're going at 8 pm tomorrow night and I don't want to drive up north!

I also confess that (and this is way TMI) when H and I had sex without him pulling out for the first time on the HM, and then again for the second time, not only did it burn, but two days later it felt like I had a UTI or a yeast infection. So I quickly put a stop to that!  My mom said to call the gyno but I'm afraid of my gyno and her giant spatula/whatever it's called, so I don't want to. Any advice?
  • I confess that I feel bad about not paying extra on my student loans this year. Of course it was because we cash flowed the wedding expenses, but it's disappointing that I could've paid off a couple of the smaller ones. Or made a big dent on our car. Oh well, I hope to accomplish a lot more next year on the financial front. 

I feel so guilty this week for not being motivated to work. I have a bunch of projects do do for clients, but I just feel like staying in bed and doing nothing. I don't know what's wrong with me! Sometimes that sucks about freelancing/having your own business. It's great to be your own boss and make your own schedule, but at the same time, no one else can make you get stuff done. *sigh* I think I am distracted by things I need to do around the house, and we still haven't completely cleaned stuff up since November. Not that it's a complete disaster, but it's not how I would like things to be. H said we'd have a cleaning spree weekend, so I hope we stick to the plan and get this place back into shape!
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • adelerose - I'm prone to UTIs and YIs (yuck) and my gyno told me (TMI alert) to go pee immediately after sex.  It sucks when you just want to cuddle up but it definitely helps.

I confess that there is a major brouhaha brewing in my family and I'm kind of scared and also sad.  It's complicated, but basically it's my brother vs. my grandfather and my mom is caught in the middle and at the moment siding with grandfather (her father). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• X-if it makes you feel better, I didn't pay extra on my student loans this year either. Which I also hate. They suck hardcore.

spike-I won't, pinky swear. But the only issue he has with the house is he wants a ton of land to come with this house, and this one doesn't have it. So that is really the only hang up. In some ways I think he is going to have to realize that mostly likely our first house is not going to have a ton of land. It jacks the price waaaay up and then the house is not as nice. And we both agreed not to compromise house quality for land. There is a promising short sale property with some acreage though, so we will see.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic *This is not legal advice*
  • TiffannieFTiffannieF
    1000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: ***Confessions Thursday***:
    I confess that I'm a little teensy bit annoyed at my photgrapher- we live about 2 hours away, and we have to go in person to see the rest of the pictures and pick out the album...so we're going at 8 pm tomorrow night and I don't want to drive up north! I also confess that (and this is way TMI) when H and I had sex without him pulling out for the first time on the HM, and then again for the second time, not only did it burn, but two days later it felt like I had a UTI or a yeast infection. So I quickly put a stop to that!  My mom said to call the gyno but I'm afraid of my gyno and her giant spatula/whatever it's called, so I don't want to. Any advice?
    Posted by adelerose
    Pee after sex, wear cottom undies (not thongs) to bed, wipe front to back.

ETA:  You should really go to your gyno once a year!  Very very important.  I was prone to UTI's that would go into my kidney and cause massive kidney infections (which is a UTI plus you get to throw up).
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • In Response to Re: ***Confessions Thursday***:
    I confess that I'm a little teensy bit annoyed at my photgrapher- we live about 2 hours away, and we have to go in person to see the rest of the pictures and pick out the album...so we're going at 8 pm tomorrow night and I don't want to drive up north! I also confess that (and this is way TMI) when H and I had sex without him pulling out for the first time on the HM, and then again for the second time, not only did it burn, but two days later it felt like I had a UTI or a yeast infection. So I quickly put a stop to that!  My mom said to call the gyno but I'm afraid of my gyno and her giant spatula/whatever it's called, so I don't want to. Any advice?
    Posted by adelerose
    My advice is to get over your fear of the gyno.  Not to get too dramatic on your azz, but it could save your life one day. 

I had issues with recurring UTIs.  I eventually grew out of it.  The peeing thing helps.  Maybe you have a hormonal thing going on that only a physician can help with.  Nip this in the bud.  UTIs are a pain...in the vag. 
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Adele-pee after sex for sure, and cranberry juice for UTIs. If you hate the juice like I do, you can get cranberry tablets from the drugstore. I think they are called AZO or something like that. They will be with the feminine products.

Also, (possible TMI?) I would keep some wet wipes and use them after sex and just occasionally on the regular. They sell ones specifically for use down there.
  • Thanks for the advice, ladies!  My best friend said to pee before sex as well, so I guess I'll drink lots of cranberry juice (luckily I like it!) and just go, go, go!  Wipes will be useful too.

And Osterizer, I will get over my fear of the gyno.  I just hate that it hurts so much, so I resist going! I usually have to tempt myself with a new Michael Kors in order to get through the door!
    Thanks for the advice, ladies!  My best friend said to pee before sex as well, so I guess I'll drink lots of cranberry juice (luckily I like it!) and just go, go, go!  Wipes will be useful too. And Osterizer, I will get over my fear of the gyno.  I just hate that it hurts so much, so I resist going! I usually have to tempt myself with a new Michael Kors in order to get through the door!
    Posted by adelerose
    Maybe she/he can use a smaller speculum (or wahtever it's called).  Talk to your doc about it.  It shouldn't hurt. Slightly uncomfortable yes, but certainly not painful.
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I am slightly jealous of the TTC and pregnant ladies around here, but then again slightly not.  DH and I can NOT afford a baby right now and have decided to wait 5 years to start trying.  *sigh*  It's gonna be a long 5 years.
    image image image image

My Blog

Anniversary

[QUOTE And I'm avoiding getting up to go to Secretary of State to change my name. I'm really excited about it.. just not excited to be at SoS. 
    Posted by Milsey32[/QUOTE]

Milsey!! I went to go and change my name at the Secretary of State around 10 am on a thursday morning I was IN and OUT in LESS then 6 minutes!!!! It was insane! So go then if you can. (metro detroit bride too)y
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • I confess I keep procrastinating on this name changing thing... I really wanna change it but I can't seem to get myself to drive over there...

I confess I am really not looking forward to returning to work on Tuesday and I'm secretly thinking of excuses to quit but I know I won't. 
    January 2013 Moms - February Siggy Challenge - My Valentine
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I confess that I feel a little guilty that a lot of the gifts we received for the wedding and showers will not be used till we move to a bigger place - probably 2 years from now!

Our place is too small for a formal dinner, so the china and crystal stemware will stay in their boxes.  And my kitchen has no room for new appliances so the Cuisinart and big toaster oven will also stay in their boxes.  The good news is that we will have some great "new" stuff to use when we get our new place.  Gotta save for that down payment asap!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards