November 2011 Weddings

BBC: 11/22/63 Discussion Start

I wanted to start a thread first off for general overall feelings about the book.  And I want to encourage everyone to start their own threads as they think of discussion topics.  I don't have to run this show, haha.  ;-)

So what were your overall feelings about the book?  Think about how many stars you'd give it out of 5, whether or not you liked the narrator, how you felt about the ending, and whether or not you'd recommend this book to a friend.
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: BBC: 11/22/63 Discussion Start

• RaeilyRaeily member
    100 Comments
    I'm really bad about describing how I feel about books, but I'll try...

I liked the book, I would probably give it 3 1/2 stars, which is actually a high rating from me. I'm stingy with my stars. I didn't really think I was going to enjoy it, but it was much more intriguing than I had original anticipated. I thought the down of Derry was one of the most interesting parts actually, it was very haunting. I also really liked the love story between Sadie and Jake, even the ending. 

Overall, I did enjoy it. 
    January 2013 Moms - February Siggy Challenge - My Valentine
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I would give it 4 stars.  I enjoyed the historical aspect and that Stephan King really tried to link his story with events that led up to the assassination and facts about Oswald.  I think he did a great job of bringing you back in time as far as language and his descriptions of the surroundings. The ending seemed fitting and didnt leave me feeling disappointed.
    someecards.com - Sorry the America you fought for became a place that created a Justin Bieber movie
  • I wasn't around yesterday to post! Unfortunately I haven't quite made it to the end, I've been REALLY busy, but I am loving it so far.  It really does make you think about how one event does change history.  It also sort of has a "be careful what you wish for" feel as well because you never know the consequences of changing something so important.  I can't wait to finish it.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    my read shelf:
    Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I really liked the book, probably 4.5 stars.  I feel like there were maybe some things that were dragged out more than they needed to be, like [SPOILER ALERT] the whole deal where Jake/George gets beat up by the bookie and some cronies and spends forever in recovery.  Probably could have done without that.  It was boring to me.  But I really liked the ending, especially when Jake goes back to Texas and dances with (80-year-old) Sadie.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards