November 2011 Weddings

Bought the book!

So I just bought my very first book in my entire life to read for "pleasure." I only have bought books that I had to read for school. H thinks that I am not going to read it, but I told him I have to at least try!! I generally don't have the time to read, so we shall see!

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is on sale at Target!
November 2011 Siggy - My Love and I

PhotobucketPhotobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Our wedding date is November 18th, 2011

451 invited 314 Are ready to party! 61 can't make it 77 is MIA
RSVP Date October 31st, 2011

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Bought the book!

• yay! You can do it!!

I'm borrowing a copy from SMIL when I see her later today, so I hope to read while we drive up to Wisconsin to see family. I like reading but don't have as much time for it as I would like to.
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • I've read only a couple books for pleasure so I'm not much of a book reader however lately I've had this urge to read "Pride and Prejudice"...seriously considering it, I just love that story.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Enjoy the book! It's an interesting story (if you can get through the boring first 80 pages).
    Married my better half on 11/6/2011.
  • Awesome!!!!  I hated reading until I was in Grad School and needed something to get my mind off of classes.  So my sister convinced me to read the Harry Potter series, and I was hooked.  I love to read now!!!!!  I always have a book in my purse.  LOL!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Yeah, so I've already finished the book.  Haha.  It picks up significantly once you reach a certain point.
    image image image image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • I didn't find the start boring (I'm 105 pages in) but I do find some of the names and places confusing to remember. Especially when for example, Erika Berger can be Berger, erika, or ricky.
    Anniversary

imageimage
  • Glad to see people excited about reading, word of caution though: GWDT is pretty rough in some parts (if you've read it, you will know what I am talking about). I would read a part, put it down and walk around then read, etc. Good Luck
    Married the love of my life November 2011
    TTC #1 since June 2012

TTGP March Siggy Challenge:

• I read the original name of the book is "men who hate women" and from what I've heard it's a more fitting title.
    Anniversary

imageimage
  • So exciting! I love to read I just don't always have as much time for it as I'd like. I just bought myself a kindle (and this is the first book I'll be reading on it!)  Anyway, I hope that you are able to make it through it. 

If you struggle with the heavier book but would like something a little lighter, maybe you could try some chick lit, :)

Follow Me on Pinterest
    my read shelf:
    Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I have the book, and was planning on starting to read it but we've unexpectedly found a new place to live (which we are so very thirlled about).  A condo about 3-400 sqft bigger than our current place AND it has a washer/dryer in unit!  So it seems that all of my spare time that I would have been reading is now devoted to packing.  I hope to pick the book up here and there...but I'm looking forward to the discussions on the book at the end of the month even if I can't participate much.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards