November 2011 Weddings

Almost the 6 month mark!

I'm only posting this because H was really sweet this past weekend (and I know how much we all just looooove countdowns or timelines).  I couldn't care less about monthly anniversaries, but H wanted to surprise me on 5/5 by taking me to dinner at our reception venue (it was an historic inn) to celebrate our 6 month anniversary.  (I know I'm evil, but I can't wait to see the wedding they have there that night -- and judge it)!  Seeing how it's Cinco de Mayo and I love my margaritas, I had already told SIL we'd go to her party.  H had to spill the beans about the anniversary dinner to me.  I thought it was really sweet -- as well as totally out of character for him.  Haha!

I can't believe that it's almost been 6 months.  I miss the mass hysteria of the last month or two before our weddings.

Anyway, I've been MIA for awhile because TK decided to make me a ghost.  In my best Wendy Williams voice, how you doooin'? This place is a real ghost town now.
Visit The Nest! image
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Almost the 6 month mark!

• Oh jeez! We're at 6 already? :) Time is flying by! Enjoy your anniversary diner!

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • I can't believe it's only been 6 months! 
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Time definitely flies! We aren't planning anything special, but we are going on a week-long vacation to H's family's house in northern Wisconsin, for memorial day weekend/week after including my birthday. I'm so looking forward to it. I like getting away from the cell phone towers and just getting completely away. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice big house, with a sauna and satellite TV, but it's on a semi-secluded lake and there's no cell phone reception. I love it.
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I was feeling nostalgic the other day and reading a few threads from when I first started posting here.  Your "countdown" made me smile.

Your H's plan for your anniversary is lovely!  Please to be coming back and posting about the wedding you observe and judge.  :-)

I hope that by the time 5/4 rolls around next week we'll be celebrating the booking of our belated honeymoon.  We're trying to use the frequent flyer miles my dad gifted us to book a cruise or an AI.

• Osterizer, you inspired me.  So, I told H that was where we were going for our 6 month anniversary.  I told him if he wasn't going to be romantic, then I was.  That led to a whole discussion about being romantic.  This may turn out great.  Thanks.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • @Debbie  I was completely caught off guard by H making those plans.  I'm not the type that is big into anniversaries anyway.  I think it's his attempt at being more romantic, so I definitely appreciate it.  Have fun with whatever your plans turn out to be!

@jcg  Where are you hoping to go on your HM? That's so nice of your dad to do that.  Oh I can only imagine how crazy the posts were back then.  If I have time to kill, I might read our posts from October.  That's when it got really out of control, especially with all the newbs.
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh man I hated the newbs. I hated them all. I was definitely not interested in how many days they had left or how cheesburger they felt. Especially when I felt that my wedding day was just a day and that it's not the end of the world if something goes wrong and that it's also not something to completely panic over. Maybe I was just unusually relaxed.

We're not doing anything for the 6 month mark. However, a week and a half before the mark, we're going to Florida for the weekend. We're really pumped for that coming up.

jcg, Any ideas on what you guys are thinking yet?
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicVacation
  • Strangely enough, I had bought H tickets to a show for his birthday and it is on May 12, which is our 6 month. So we are going to be doing something special that day, but not necessarily because it is 6 months. I'm excited for dinner and a show also. We are also going to go to the new aquarium-make a day out of the trip. I'm very excited for that. I have a strange love for aquariums.

We are doing good-we close on the house tomorrow (!!!!) so I have been busy trying to get everything in order for that.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic *This is not legal advice*
  • Bahaha! Oh yes, I remember quite a few of us feeling a little hamburger.  Who had that amazing siggy pic of the hamburger bed?

Juris, congrats on the house! I would have told you sooner, but ya know.  Stupid TK!
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't know if we have any 6-month plans but man, time has flown!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2011-weddings_almost-the-6-month-mark?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:651Discussion:c8ea1f50-16f7-4928-a56c-e516e8b64e4bPost:9d2223c9-11c3-48f7-835d-4cd2ec00b5b5">Re: Almost the 6 month mark!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man I hated the newbs. I hated them all. I was definitely not interested in how many days they had left or how cheesburger they felt. Especially when I felt that my wedding day was just a day and that it's not the end of the world if something goes wrong and that it's also not something to completely panic over. Maybe I was just unusually relaxed. We're not doing anything for the 6 month mark. However, a week and a half before the mark, <strong>we're going to Florida for the weekend</strong>. We're really pumped for that coming up. jcg, Any ideas on what you guys are thinking yet?
    Posted by cupcakewarfare[/QUOTE]

When and where? 
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Uh, I think the hamburger bed was me! 

I am feeling pretty hamburger today! Where's Koda when we need her?

• jcg98jcg98 member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2011-weddings_almost-the-6-month-mark?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:651Discussion:c8ea1f50-16f7-4928-a56c-e516e8b64e4bPost:13d93d41-0c90-4483-882c-7fea542efe3d">Re: Almost the 6 month mark!</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Debbie  I was completely caught off guard by H making those plans.  I'm not the type that is big into anniversaries anyway.  I think it's his attempt at being more romantic, so I definitely appreciate it.  Have fun with whatever your plans turn out to be! <strong>@jcg  Where are you hoping to go on your HM? That's so nice of your dad to do that. </strong> Oh I can only imagine how crazy the posts were back then.  If I have time to kill, I might read our posts from October.  That's when it got really out of control, especially with all the newbs.
    Posted by Osterizer[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was his wedding gift to us, which rocks.  Originally we were going to use the miles for round-trip airfare to Italy, but we had to put the money we had saved for hotels and food into Guinness' final vet bills.  So now we are looking at using the miles towards either a cruise or an AI.  I have to call AA vacations and find out what is possible.

• I can't believe it has almost been six months. That's super sweet of your H to plan that. I don't think there is anything wrong with celebrating silly anniversaries every once in a while. 

H and I will be camping on the 5th with our Scout Crew so no big plans. 
    January 2013 Moms - February Siggy Challenge - My Valentine
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Juris, I might be going to the aquarium next weekend! I'll let you know how it is if I do. I'm a little cautious over the admission cost for what I believe to be a 1-2 hour experience.

Tiffany, We're flying into Orlando on May 11th, driving down to Ft Myers on the 12th and then driving back to Orlando the same day, and then we fly back out on the 13th. It's gonna be super whirlwind but we're excited!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicVacation
  • We're trying to plan a trip for our one year, but looking at after Christmas to do it, so no plans for monthly anniversaries for us. 
  • DH and I aren't doing anything special for anniversaries for a while, because we're in the process of having a house built right now and that's kind of a time and money suck.  Lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Hey there Osterizer!  Nice to see you!  You were always one of my favorite contributers around here.

I have recently been thinking about the 6 month mark a lot too, mainly because I went to someone else's wedding recently.  It's hard not to compare!  LOL  They had a beautiful event but I still liked my own wedding better - of course!

I also have a renewed appreciation for some of my vendors - particularly my photographer, wedding cake bakers, and florist.  I really think my husband I and I chose well, and it was in no small part thanks to very candid and accurate reviews I found right here on the knot!

Wishing you another great 6 months.

Are you also still dreaming about St. Lucia?  I need to get back there ASAP!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2011-weddings_almost-the-6-month-mark?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:651Discussion:c8ea1f50-16f7-4928-a56c-e516e8b64e4bPost:abcd240f-de23-4dd0-91e0-d6b38e68d6dd">Re: Almost the 6 month mark!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey there Osterizer!  Nice to see you!  You were always one of my favorite contributers around here. I have recently been thinking about the 6 month mark a lot too, mainly because I went to someone else's wedding recently.  It's hard not to compare!  LOL  They had a beautiful event but I still liked my own wedding better - of course! I also have a renewed appreciation for some of my vendors - particularly my photographer, wedding cake bakers, and florist.  I really think my husband I and I chose well, and it was in no small part thanks to very candid and accurate reviews I found right here on the knot! Wishing you another great 6 months. <strong>Are you also still dreaming about St. Lucia?</strong>  I need to get back there ASAP!  
    Posted by BURGH2NYC[/QUOTE]

OMG, yes! I was just looking at a LivingSocial deal for St. Lucia today.  I'm in need of a vacation, so I dream about going back there.  Unfortunately, our next splurge is a new bathroom which we desperately need.  But, I'm going to hold H to what he said when we were on our HM -- that we can go back for our 5 year anniversary.  Even if it's just for four days, that's all I need.
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • This weekend was 6  months for me.  I got kind of nostalgic, remembering when it was 6 months UNTIL my wedding and how I felt like that date was never going to get here!

2011 was SO FUN.  I miss those days, as most of us recent brides do.  Of course I have so much more money and time now, which is nice!  And less stress!

Happy 6 months, all of my November friends.  XOXO.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards