Honeymoon Discussions

Hurricane Season?

My FI and I wanted to go somewhere tropical for our honey moon but its hurricane season :o !!! Our wedding date is September 1 so we wanted to do something like the 2-9th or 10th but have no idea where we should even try to go or if its to risky! please help aghhhhhhhhhh

Re: Hurricane Season?

• wow - that's tricky.  If it were me, i'd venture to California to Wine country or just postpone your honeymoon if you're deadset on going tropical.  IF you do plan anything...get trip insurance that includes hurricanes. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yikes. when does hurricane season run to? we're heading to the carribean in novemeber! Just as an FYI, my close friend went to aruba last september, it was super cheap because of hurricane season, and they had beautiful weather. I guess you have to outweight the risks!
  • What about Hawaii?  There are no hurricanes there.

Also, Hurricane season runs from about June-October. 
  • Hurricane season is technically May to November but you see the most activity late August through September.

Woudl you consider a cruise?  The ship can get out of the way & go somewhere else if there is a storm?
  • Hawaii might be too expensive, i was thinking aruba? I also never thought about a cruise.  We were looking into sandals but I might be to afraid of the trip being ruined. If we do trip insurance for hurricanes do you get a full refund? 
  • Seriously? Just get travel insurance. Thousands of people travel every day during hurricane season. While a hurricane could certainlyhappen, the odds are in your favor that everything will be fine.
    imageimageimage
  • We are also getting married in September and really want to go to the Caribbean so I think we are going to one of the ABC islands- Aruba, Bonaire or Curacao. We read that the hurricane chances at these islands are less because they are sheltered more from the storms.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you everyone I will definatly be looking into everything, especially the ABC islands :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards