November 2011 Weddings

STD's

So I was talking to my FI today about wedding stuff.  He asked me if I was making the STD's and Invites...I told him yes and that i was going to send out the STD's in Jan after the holidays.  He said he thinks we should send them out in the end of Nov.  So people have a year..because its a friday and out of town people need to book hotel rooms...When is everyone sending them out and dont you think a year is crazy early?
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: STD's

• Hi there, we are also getting married on 11/11/11.  We are going to send our Save The Dates out either just before or just after Thanksgiving.  From everyting that I have read, 1 year out is perfectly fine.  Especially seeing that it is a Friday as well as a holiday. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Im getting married 11/6/11 and we will be sending out STDs in the begining of January.  FI and I are living in Buffalo NY right now, and we will be moving back to NJ mid December and will get them done as soon as we are in NJ!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I sent mine in early July.  Everything I read said between 1 yr to a year and a half ahead for a holiday weekend wedding.

We did it early or a couple of reasons.  First, it's Thanksgiving weekend 2011, so we wanted people to have enough time to plan ahead.  Second, FI's fam is huge (100 out of our 160 guests) and they would all have to travel to NJ from IN.  Since the economy is pretty rough, I know a few people lost their jobs and have other issues, so we thought it was fair to give them a heads up. 

Raebow--welcome to NJ!
  • NatesGirl16 Thanks, both FI and I are from NJ. We grew up there, met in HS and such. We moved to Buffalo so FI can get his Masters degree in a really good program, that was only a year, compared to the 2 year programs we found closer to home. He will be done in December and we will be quickly moving back home and hopefully getting jobs! lol We cant wait to be back home!  Where in NJ are you? And where is your venue?
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's great, Raen.  We're in north NJ and our venue is The Tides in North Haledon.  What about you?
  • I will be sending mine out about a year out because everyone who will be coming to our wedding will be coming to LA from Ohio and Wisconsin so we want to give them plenty of time to book flights and hotels.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards