Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Trip Review - Costa Rica

We got married on November 28 and stayed in Costa Rica for the honeymoon over the first week in December.

The flights were pretty reasonably priced. We were able to get non-stop both ways, so the flights to the capital were only 4 or 5 hours each way and we didn't lose a lot of time travelling.

The weather was beautiful! We stayed in the Guanacaste province in the Northwest Pacfic and the weather was amazing! It was in the 80s every day and the water was in the 70s. It rained for five minutes one afternoon and that was it!

Our first and last day we stayed at the Beacon Escazu Hotel in Escazu, just outside of San Jose. The hotel was wonderful. It's brand new and it's just beautiful. It has a great view of the city, the staff is amazing, we never left the hotel the whole time it was so nice. There isn't much to do in the area, however, as San Jose is not a highly recommended area for tourists.

The rest of the time we stayed at the Ocotal Beach Resort in Ocotal in Guanacaste. The resort had great prices and great service. The restaurant and check-in is at the top of a cliff and has an amazing view. We were in a really nice bungalow suite down by the beach that had a private pool. The beach has black sand and is kinda small but very pretty. The resort offers tons of excursions - we went sailing and sport fishing while we were there. We caught a couple mahi mahi and the restaurant prepared one for H for dinner. The resort will pick you up anywhere in Costa Rica and transport you to the resort for a fee, which was really convenient for us because we did not want to have to rent a car.

We would definitely stay at both places again. We ate and drank all we wanted at Ocotal and even with the excursions it was less expensive than going AI.

Feel free to private message me or page me on P&E if you want more details about where we stayed!

Re: Trip Review - Costa Rica

• Options
    Thank you so much for posting this helpful information!  My fiance and I are going to Costa Rica for our honeymoon next year and we are looking at our options for which regions and hotels are the best.  Guanacaste is definitely one of the regions we are considering for a beach get-away.  Thanks again! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards