November 2011 Weddings

Dragon Tattoo Question

Did we ever find out what the deal was with Mikael's source for the article? Was he lying or in cahoots with the businessman? Or was he honestly passing along the info?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic *This is not legal advice*

Re: Dragon Tattoo Question

• If it was in the book, I missed it.  Maybe it is in the sequel?
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • He was honestly passing the info along.  Wennerstrom found out and planted false information which is what the libel trial was about.  The original information was real and true but was mixed up in all this bad information planted to overshadow the real info. 

When wennerstrom got nailed, the original source mailed Mikael a bottle of alcohol and something else, I forget what.
    Anniversary

imageimage
  • edited January 2012
    See:
    "you mean that your buddy was lying?"
    "No, not at all.  He told me exactly what he knew, and I could vertify each and every single wrod in documents from the audit at SIB.  I even went to poland and photographed the sheet metal shack where this huge big minos company was housed.  I interviewed serveral of the people who had been employed at the company.  They all said the same thing."

And then he explains the other details and how it came to libel.

And:
    When blomkvist got home that evening there was a slip notifying him of a postal package.  He went to pick it up the next morning, opening it when he got to the office.  The package contained a mosquito-repellent stick and a bottle of reimersholms aquavit.  The card read: If you dont' have other plans, I'll be docked at Arholma on Midsummer eve.  It was signed Robert Lindberg.
    Anniversary

imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2011-weddings_dragon-tattoo-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:651Discussion:f5877e95-42b2-4569-b341-07fbba96a91bPost:41dc51ac-19a1-4d6e-afa7-5f90f99dc855">Re: Dragon Tattoo Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]He was honestly passing the info along.  Wennerstrom found out and planted false information which is what the libel trial was about.  The original information was real and true but was mixed up in all this bad information planted to overshadow the real info.  When wennerstrom got nailed, the original source mailed Mikael a bottle of alcohol and something else, I forget what.
    Posted by dixie1337[/QUOTE]
    Thanks!  I was gonna answer this but you beat me to it, haha.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Ahhh ok I must have missed this somehow. Thanks!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic *This is not legal advice*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2011-weddings_dragon-tattoo-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:651Discussion:f5877e95-42b2-4569-b341-07fbba96a91bPost:6c81a7a5-b4f8-449b-8ac7-8cd0dde4e57d">Re: Dragon Tattoo Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahhh ok I must have missed this somehow. Thanks!
    Posted by Juris11[/QUOTE]
    I remember that explanation feeling kinda rushed and stuck in there at the end.  So don't feel too bad for missing it, haha.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards