December 2011 Weddings

When to send Save the Dates

Hi all!
We are getting married on 12-10-11 and I am unsure of when to send the save the dates. I have been told this December is too soon but no to wait until July. Our Colors are a Deep Purple and Champagne accents so I would like to stay within season, but not too early. What do you think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
11-12-11
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit Purple.weddings.com

Two Become One

November 12, 2011

288 invited
163 accepted!
9 can't make it
116 haven't responded yet....
RSVP Date October 12, 2011

Re: When to send Save the Dates

• We are getting married the day before you and are planning to send our save-the-dates this Christmas, but over 1/2 our guest list is from a different state than the wedding is in.  I would think sending them right around the beginning of the year would be fine because people will be choosing their vacation days at work around then and anyone who doesn't have really high seniority at their job might need to be able to put in a lot of notice..  I know I had to have my days in by mid-February at my last job or else managers were sure to have taken all the open spots for the days I wanted. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket image Photobucket
  • Im the same date!  I was thinking of sending them out at the beginning on Feb. I think with your colors that would be pretty! 
  • I wasn't planning on doing Save the Dates, but when Vistaprint offered them to me for free, I ended up getting them anyway XD

I'll probably wait until next spring to send mine out.  I have very few relatives that would need to travel for the wedding; pretty much everyone on the list will be within an hour or two driving distance.

I don't think I really need STDs, but since they were free and my wedding will be the week after Thanksgiving, I figure it might not be a bad idea to give a little advanced notice.

image image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm the same date as you :) I sent mine out already. I just wanted them sent.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i am december 10th, 2011 as well && using those same colors!!! im THINKING i will send them out no later then the end of January mainly cause it is pretty close to Christmas! 13 months from today! yay!! <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our date is the 27th and we are sending ours out over Christmas so people can make plans with their family AND/OR not make plans to travel elsewhere at that time. We know that many people plan Christmas trips a year out so we are trying to make it easier for them and us... So I would think sending them out between now and Christmas would work. Otherwise, I am told 6-8 months out is the usual time frame for STDs

• We are getting married on December 11, 2011. We were thinking of sending the Save the Dates in February or March. You should send them out when you feel the time is right. I think most would say 6 months for Save the Date's and 3 months for the invitations... Something along those lines. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • GeauxTigers17GeauxTigers17
    500 Comments
    edited November 2010
    The etiquette for invitations says 6-8 weeks before the event, and 6-9 months for save the dates. If you're worried about it, I'd say February at the earliest. If you send them before/right after Christmas, you're competing with both Christmas mail and the post-Christmas letdown. Wait until February and it's much less likely to be received as a "great, another thing for the calendar" in my opinion. 

Edited for spelling
  • How did you get them free from Vista???
  • im getting married dec 2 of next yr myself and were sending our save a dates in dec of this yr also because of the amount of out of state guess that we have coming to the wedding

good luck hope it helps out
    Smile
  • In Response to Re: When to send Save the Dates:
    How did you get them free from Vista???
    Posted by bauercl
    I get their email offers.  One of the offers I got was 100 free postcards.  I made my STDs out of those and just had to pay shipping.  If you sign up for the emails, they send them around once a week with new discounts and free items.

image image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards