Florida-Central Florida

Any Grand Bohemian Girls?

Hey! I am so excited... my fiance and I just booked the Grand Bohemian for 2011. Anyone else book this venue? and if so, who are you hiring/thinking about hiring as your wedding coordinator? I am not very impressed with any of the girls on the preferred vendor list.
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Any Grand Bohemian Girls?

• edited December 2011
    I didn't book them for the reception, but we did our room block through them. It's a lovely venue, but their staff isn't always on top of things, so you'll definitely want someone to stay on their case. As for coordinators, isn't Ashlie Hampton on their list? She's outstanding and you won't find any better than her. If you haven't met with her, do yourself a favour and set up a meeting soon! As for other coordinators in the area, I hear great things about Kristy Rapp and Charisma Moran (former Knottie, super sweet gal). Maybe one of them would be more your speed? Congratulations and GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the GB in 11 days!  My DOC is Ashlie Hampton.  She originally wasn't on the preferred vendor list, but she's just so amazing that I asked her to please get on the list so I could hire her.  Some girls on this board have had issues with the GB, but I am confident that Ashlie will keep things running smoothly.  I've had 3 different contacts at the GB since I booked there, but the good thing is that so far the one I like the best is the one who's there right now (Sandy).

Good luck and if you need anything or have questions, let me know.  You can also check out my planning bio (link in siggy).  Maybe there's something in there that will help you out.
  • freyyjafreyyja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks both of you! I will look into Ashlie, I'm not sure if I've seen her site before. So far I've only really liked Weddings Unique (which my photographer Caroline Johnson recommended, but the lady looks WAY too expensive! Heather Snively) and Tickled Pink Brides (Brittany Loringer). I absolutely love Sandy... she has been so friendly and helpful with this process so far (we booked GB about a month ago). She recommended Uniquely Yours, but after seeing their site, I wasn't too impressed....

I will definitely take a peek at your planning bio, Terri, and good luck to both of you (take tons of pics, lol)!
  • freyyjafreyyja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and PS, GO GATORS!!!! :D
  • edited December 2011
    Don't worry... there will be plenty of pix! =)
    Go Gators!  I'm so excited... I have a Gators garter.  FI doesn't know about it and he said to me the other day, you should get a Gators garter.  I'm so glad I didn't give away the surprise... I'm so bad at lying.
  • freyyjafreyyja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, I looked at your planning bio... everything looks so great! We were also thinking of eggplant (I'm sure it's pretty common given the free linens/chairs and overall color scheme of the GB!), but also red, black and gold (not really sure yet, but definitely red and eggplant). I am seriously considering doing a New Orleans/French Quarter theme with the fleur de lis as our "symbol" as well.

Also, I think the broadway tunes/reception idea is fantastic. I'm thinking about using a Phantom song as well!

I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes out :D
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Eggplant looks beautiful in the GB.  I c onsidered using red, but FI doesn't like red.  He actually picked silver and gold as the two other colors.

I'll be selling some stuff after the wedding, so if you are interested in anything, let me know.  Sometime after the wedding I'll be creating a married bio with for sale stuff and vendor reviews.
  • edited December 2011
    yeah the bohemian is at the top of our list to see because we already decided our colors are purple and green, which the purple is perfect at the GB! 

Fleur de lis is our symbol too! My FI has always been partial to it (tons of clothes and other items with it in his place), we love your monogram cherri!  His last name is rosenthal, we just liked how it looked with the R (hope you don't mind if we steal a vairation on your idea! ) 

I will look for your sale!
  • edited December 2011
    Irisheyez- thanks!  We created it ourselves and have really incorporated it into our wedding- on programs, the aisle runner, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards