Florida-Central Florida

Married gals: wedding albums?

How many pictures did you get in your big fancy albums if you had one? Our photog is doing a proof album with 400 pics in it, but the 'real' album is one of those flush-mount ones, and they can only put 50 images on that one. I'm having a really hard time deciding what kinds of pictures to put in there. Did you all put the formal/family portraits and stuff in the fancy albums? If we do that, it'll eat up half of the images or more, so I'm leaning toward just not having any of those in it, but then I feel a little guilty about that... Not sure what to do.  o_0

Re: Married gals: wedding albums?

• edited December 2011
    Why don't you have this one be just what YOU want and then make one on shutterfly (or whichever site you choose) with all the pics.

If it were me, I think it'd make it just what I wanted, some family, some ceremony, some formal, some candid, some reception, etc.  Just a bit of everything.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, I am going to put a bit of everything. My fave pics from the whole night. I am getting a flush mount book too and they are soooo nice- I'm really excited about that!
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, good. I lean more toward the artsy shots, so that's really what I wanted to see in our album, not stiff formal group shots. I have those in the proof album, so that's good enough, right?
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd do exactly what Alexia said.  In my album, I want to have all the pretty artsy shots of just us with of course some of the ceremony and some of the reception too.  But, family shots?  I'm going to leave those out and put them in a frame on the wall or in another shutterfly album with tons of pictures or perhaps on a digital frame on my desk that flips through the pictures.  
  • edited December 2011
    Alexia, did you have any shots of your parents in your album, or did you do just the two of you?
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with making a shutterfly album. I am making each of our parents and grandparents a shutterfly album and it will include more formal pictures and pictures catered to them. In your album put what you want. The formal ones are nice to have but thats what the proof book is for!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_married-gals-wedding-albums?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:0b53e7c5-1603-444b-8fea-ace74d7aef2fPost:d683f95b-ea2d-4fe3-a5d5-c90ae9b5d23a">Re: Married gals: wedding albums?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alexia, did you have any shots of your parents in your album, or did you do just the two of you?
    Posted by Pretty Parula[/QUOTE]

My Shutterfly album is the only thing I've done so far, it's ALL the pics.  I really like the way it came out.

I ordered it with coupons and stuff so it was really affordable and I couldn't pass it up.

I think for our one year, I'll be able to order something else.  Another knottie, skhynes, has an awesome book.  Like, friggin gorgeous.  Hers is the only one I've seen IRL.
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would leave out the all the family formals. I kind of like to see albums be like a timeline, so they tell the story of what went on on your wedding day. LIke start with gettng ready shots, next have ceremony images, then reception, then going away, or whatever the order was. IMO, formals don't follow the timeline that well, so it breaks it up a little.

So if they're not ones that you feel are so amazing and really fun for you, then I would leave them out of that album. People typicaly order prints of formals anyway, so you may already have some of those in print that you can put in another photo album or something.
  • edited December 2011
    That's what I was thinking, too. I'm kinda sad because we had to take out almost all of the getting ready pictures, and the only picture of me and DD where she's actually smiling. I HATE having to narrow down between all of these - they're all really good and really emotionally charged. *pout* Ok I'm done. lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_married-gals-wedding-albums?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:0b53e7c5-1603-444b-8fea-ace74d7aef2fPost:b6de0537-dc70-4773-8eb4-12ada1e9b72f">Re: Married gals: wedding albums?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with making a shutterfly album. I am making each of our parents and grandparents a shutterfly album and it will include more formal pictures and pictures catered to them. In your album put what you want. The formal ones are nice to have but thats what the proof book is for!
    Posted by mlharbis[/QUOTE]
    Me too!! I planned on giving these as gifts and thank yous (and for some extra special ppl who helped a bit more something extra) to our parents and grandparents.  :)  AND you can find great deals since these sights, like shutterfly, are always sending coupons.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards