Florida-Central Florida

Wedding postponed.

I know Devon and Ashley follow me on Twitter, I'm not sure who else but if you have then you already know my moms condition. I drove home Saturday night because my mom was undergoing an emergency colostomy. Diverticulitis runs in my family, my uncle had the surgery when he was only 36 after a rupture. She has 3-6 months recovery time. The wedding has been put off for a year. I'm ok with it because I'm just happy to have my mom :) I'll still be sticking around here bc I have another year to plan! Lol. Love you girls <3

Re: Wedding postponed.

• edited December 2011
    awwww, you poor thing.  I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom, but I'm really glad she will be okay.  I'm impressed with your positive attitude.  Weddings will always come in second after family!
  • skhynesskhynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, Angel, I'm so sorry this has happened to your mom.  But, I'm glad that it sounds like she's going to be okay.  I agree with Sarah, it sounds like you have a really good attitude about it, but I'm sure it's still disappointing so I feel for you.  I wish your mom a speedy recovery!
    Claire Elisabeth born at 27w1d on 2/20/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Oh no! I'm so sorry but glad your mom is okay! My Dad had this too and I tend to take after him :/  He had 12 inches of his small intestine removed.  It's a hard recovery, but so worth it.  So glad you're being optimistic - and yay for more time to plan and save! :) Great attitude girl - thoughts and prayers are with you all!
  • edited December 2011
    Sure hope your mom recovers smoothly and swiftly! Diverticulitis runs in my dad's family too, so I totally get what your fam's going through. Best of luck to you in the modified wedding plans, too! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yep. Colon and a ft of intestine removed. I'm next to get checked. Ugh.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear about your mom, but I'm glad that she's ok. I'm sure you know this, but the nurse in me can't help but say, make sure to eat a healthy diet with plenty of fiber.
  • edited December 2011
    Diverticulitis also run in my family. Wishing your mom a speedy recovery! She's luck to have such a wonderful daughter with such a positive attitude. Now you'll have another year to make your wedding even more incredible! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about that.  Thoughts and prayers with your family!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry Angel! I'm glad she's gonna be okay!!! You know we all love you!!
  • edited December 2011
    Angel, I am so sorry to hear aboout this! =( I am glad that your mom will be having a full recovery. You and your FI seem to know what is most important...that your family is together and healthy. My thoughts are with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards