Florida-Central Florida

Lurkers and Newbies!

Introduce yourselves!Wedding Date:Location:When you got engaged:Random fact about you:And/or anything else you'd like to share!

Re: Lurkers and Newbies!

• edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 10/17/09Location: Altamonte Springs, FL When you got engaged: 10/25/08 (Wow, I actually had to look it up)Random fact about you: I'm obsessed with the ocean and my dogs.
  • edited December 2011
    I am neither a lurker nor a newbie but I will play.  Wedding:  April 24 2009Location - Lake Mary Event Center -  loved it! Engaged - April 20 something 2007 (in the ER).I am dressing as a fairy for Halloween this year (of the wood nymph variety)IT'S FRIDAY!!!  WOOHOO!
  • cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like PP, I am neither a lurker or a newbie, but this may help pass the time!Name: Jessica Wedding Date: 07.10.10Location: Royal St. Cloud Golf LinksWhen you got engaged: May 2nd, 2009 (graduation day)Random fact about you: when i was younger, I would put some Oreos and milk in a cup and squish them, then drink it with a spoon! It was soooooo good!
  • edited December 2011
    Jessica - it was my graduation day too!  it just ended in the ER!!
    edited December 2011
    Aww man that really sucks that it ended in the ER! But i guess u got a proposal out of it! Glad to know we both had some awesome experiences on our graduation days!
  • edited December 2011
    if i had known all it took was strong meds....JUST KIDDING
  • edited December 2011
    Jessica-I used to do that too with small chocolate chip cookies! It was my favorite after school snack....and I wondered why I was a chubby kid! ;P
    edited December 2011
    LOL that was HILARIOUS! Thank goodness this is my lunch break, or else i would have been laughing in front of my whole therapy class!
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness I can't believe you used to do the same thing! everytime i tell that to someone, they look at me as if i am SO weird! Yay!
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Introduce yourselves! I'm Sarah! Wedding Date: 4/26/09Location: Town ManorWhen you got engaged: 5/26/08Random fact about you: I'd rather hang out with my cats than with most people. And I worry that if I ever have kids, we won't love them as much as we love our cats. haha.Oh and I miss wedding planning. Sad!
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Introduce yourselves! Hi! I'm Aileene :)Wedding Date: March 20, 2010Location: Plaza Building rooftop downtownWhen you got engaged: July 18, 2009Random fact about you: I really want to start a vegetable garden. I think it would make me feel more house-wife-ish. I have no clue where to start though. :)
  • edited December 2011
    How come only regulars are answering here?
  • skhynesskhynes member
    edited December 2011
    Introduce yourselves! - I'm SarahWedding Date: 5/24/2009Location: Omni at ChampionsGateWhen you got engaged: Sept 2008Random fact about you: I have a doctorate, but sometimes I think it was a big fat waste of time and I could have gone to school for a lot less time and made more money if I had chosen a different career path.And I'd probably like to hang out with Sarah's cats more than most people as well.And this post was a newbie FAIL thus far...dammit!
    Claire Elisabeth born at 27w1d on 2/20/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    You all think you are hiding but I see you.  I do.
  • skhynesskhynes member
    edited December 2011
    Jackie - Maybe there's not many newbies, just something weird going on with the board.  Or a bunch of people just thought CFL was really freaking interesting this morning.
  • skhynesskhynes member
    edited December 2011
    I mean, wouldn't THIS post be starred if it was lurkers and newbies looking at the other posts since it's calling them out??  I think I'm way too deep into this conspiracy theory...
  • skhynesskhynes member
    edited December 2011
    Aaaaaaaaaaand it just got a star.  Sarah FAIL.
  • edited December 2011
    Alexia Post FAIL.W. T. F.
  • edited December 2011
    We are ALWAYS interesting...even when we are not posting.....
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date:  11/20/2010Location:  Lake Mary Events CenterWhen you got engaged:  June 5, 2009Random fact about you:  Will need to think of something good:)And/or anything else you'd like to share! I am not completely new to the board but I have been trying to post more.  I did check two big things off my list today!!  Caterer and Florist.  Check and check :D
  • edited December 2011
    Megs! That's great!  Big checks - who are you using?
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I am pretty excitted. I am using Arthur's as my caterer and Peddles as my florist :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not a newbie either..buuuut, here goes :) Wedding Date: May 15th, 2010 Location: Lake Mary Events Center When you got engaged: December 2007 Random fact about you: I'm obsessed with all things playboy :) I'm also in love with my fat orange cat Mufasa...and he's getting old and that scares me!!! :(
  • edited December 2011
    also not a newbie, but I'll just in Introduce yourselves! I'm Cheryl Wedding Date: Nov 7, 2009 (8 days!!) Location: Shades of Green Resort at WDW When you got engaged: Nov 5, 2007 Random fact about you: Every broken bone or major injury has been to the right side of my body except one. On my right side: 2 broken fingers, broken wrist (and tore all the ligaments, so I had 5 surgeries), broken arm, broken elbow, torn knee cartelige (1 surgery), had a benign bone tumor just above my knee that had to be removed (1 surgery), 2 broken toes. Left side: 2 cracked ribs. When I get hurt, I get hurt. LOL (Those were all from different incidents by the way. Not all at once)
  • edited December 2011
    Cheryl - what the helll girl?
  • BananaMustangBananaMustang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not a newbie....You could consider me a lurker...I post when I can Wedding Date: October 23, 2010....Still SOOOO FAR AWAY!!! Location: Red Tail Golf Club When you got engaged: December 24, 2008 Random fact about you: I use LOL and "..." way too much... And/or anything else you'd like to share! I have found I am slightly impatient when dealing with vendors lol!
  • edited December 2011
    holy cow cheryl!  that is CRAZY
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not "new" either...but I don't post often enough! (:^DWedding Date: 12/6/2009Location: DubsdreadWhen you got engaged: December 23, 2009 at DisneyWorldRandom fact about you: Ummm...I used to be a mime?? LOL!!!!!!!And/or anything else you'd like to share! I can't imagine what would be more interesting about myself than to say I used to be a mime! LMAO!!
  • edited December 2011
    OOPS! I mean I got engaged on December 23, 2008! hehe
  • edited December 2011
    yeah I was a *little* accident prone lol Knee: my dog (a huge rotweiler) jumped on me and I fell and banged my knee on a cement brick. The bone tumor was found during a follow up MRI. Wrist/arm: fell while rollerblading. The injury to my wrist is pretty rare, not only did I tear ligments that are easily torn, I tore alot of the ligaments in the palm of my hand. It took 4 different doctors to find out that was what was wrong. (Thank goodness for moving to Miami and UM having a superstar wrist doc) So the different surgeries were exploratory, and then to repair different ligaments. Elbow: slipped on wet concrete and hit my elbow on the ground and fractured it. Toes: the one, I was pushing my cousin in her little tykes 3 wheeler while barefoot, and she put her feet down to stop without warning me and I ran my toes into the back tire. The other one, I was goofying off at a hotel with some friends and I tried to keep them from coming in my room and the guy pushed the door open over my feet. Fingers: two different Intramural Flag football accidents. One playing outdoors (someone was wearing pockets and when I went to grab his flag my finger got stuck in the pocket) and one playing arena football (just tipped the ball weird) My cracked ribs are probably the best story though. It was my 23 birthday, we were at a home game for Miami, it was pouring down rain. we were tailgating, and everyone had had a few too many tequila shots. My guy friend came running towards me to give me a hug, slipped, and instead headbutted me in the ribs. I was drunk enough that I didn't realize they were broken until the next day lol Miami won though! I'm also right handed, so I became pretty ambidextrous during the whole ordeal with my wrist because I basically spent 1.5 years in a cast. My whole freshman year at UM was spent casted lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards