Florida-Central Florida

New Board Format

S:) - fill everybody in on what is coming.

Re: New Board Format

• edited December 2011
    Oh I want to know! I have a weird format on my mac at home I don't know if I hit something but it is only msg board stuff and none of the stuff on the right side. It is really annoying because it stretchs all the posts out really long!
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LoLo- Mine does that too if I open a post in a new tab. It gets rid of the stuff on the sides, which is nice, because that stuff freezes my browser sometimes for a few seconds, but it is kind of weird to read it that way. :)
  • vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of the new features is that the "new board format" will be a bit more compatiable with the mac systems :) we're crossing our fingers at least!
  • edited December 2011
    I sure hope so! I was so disappointed when I got on a PC and saw that everyone else gets the bold, italic, etc. features. I don't have those. I seriously thought in the beginning of my time on TK, that people actually took time to edit their text somewhere else to make it bold or italic. Nope. Just me :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Ashey- you dont have the Bold-Italic-Underline on our mac?? I have it on mine... but I use firefox..what do you use?? Im curious now...hmm.
  • edited December 2011
    I use Safari. I tried Firefox for a while and didn't like it :-/
  • bluepoet2007bluepoet2007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can still have bold/italic/underlined text. I finally figured it out! It's just simple code. As in [b]text [/b] gets you [b]text[/b] [i]text [/i] = [i]text[/i] Same for underlining. Just replace b's or i's with u's...and don't put in spaces between what you type, and the code. HTH!
  • bluepoet2007bluepoet2007 member
    edited December 2011
    *rawr* I can't seem to post the examples w/o TK turning it into the text I'm trying to explain....LOL The code for PCs uses brackets [ ] Just type b in between a set of brackets, the text you want, and then another set, with a /b in the middle to end it. Same for underlining or italics, just with an i or a u. Hope that makes sense...and sorry for re-posting if y'all have figured it out! ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Nope, macs don't have the automatic options for that. What bluepoet is referring to is the basic html code for creating those font effects. Pretty easy, and if you google "html codes" you'll find websites that lay it all out for you. If you're all that concerned about formatting your posts. :)
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i haven't had much time to play on it! i've been busy with school and had the marco rubio event tonight. i'll copy/paste some info over from p&e though!From P&E mods:"Most of you probably already know that the Knot has been working on a new layout for the boards for a while now. They're letting the mods test it out right now and it definitely has some great new features. It should be coming out live by the end of next week if all goes well.Here's some of the new features that it will have:- Quote feature- Edit button- Emoticons- PIP feature (You don't have to remember code anymore!)- Link featureSome other things, P&E will be called Etiquette on the new boards since there are so many other specialty boards that handle the "planning" aspects. Also, a poster will not be able to delete their OP if it has responses. You can delete an individual response of your own within a post, but an OP can't delete a whole big thing. The new boards will have a working Private Message feature that you can use instead of giving out your personal e-mail address. It will have a Polls function which is pretty cool. You will also have the ability to hide all siggy pics if you want to."
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and instead of blueballs, there will be badges based upon your # of posts. your existing post count will transfer over.Newbie posters- 0-500 postsBronze posters- 501-2000Silver posters- 2001-6000Gold posters-6001-15000Platinum posters-15001 +
  • skhynesskhynes member
    edited December 2011
    So it's basically turning into The Nest?  I do love that you can't delete a post that has responses though!
    Claire Elisabeth born at 27w1d on 2/20/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards